Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

It Starts At The Bottom

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Democrat corruption, that is.

We know the head is rotten, now we have some Democrat Mayors in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Reading, and Allentown, running pay to play schemes.

If the top of the political scale is corrupt, does the corruption filter all the way down from the federal level through the state, to local politics?

Anyone else think this is just the tip of the corrupt Democrat political iceberg?

Any one got any defense for these guys? Anyone been touched by Democrat corruption?

Here is something on it from Foxinsider:

Two Democratic Pennsylvania mayors were indicted Wednesday as part of a wide-ranging FBI corruption probe.

The mayors of Reading and Allentown - the state's third-largest city - were named among the defendants in the five-person indictment.

Acting U.S. Attorney for Eastern Pennsylvania Louis Lappen said Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski (D) was charged with 14 counts relating to running a pay-to-play scheme, and other offenses.

Lappen said Pawlowski and former Reading Mayor Vaughn Spencer (D) "essentially put up a 'for sale' sign in front of their city halls to sell city work to the highest bidder," Lappen said, according to WFMZ-69 News.

One of the incidents Pawlowski is accused of orchestrating involved the sale of city contracts.

When a contract for the collection of delinquent city taxes was up for bid, Pawlowski and others allegedly engineered the system to direct the bids to his chosen firm

Officials allegedly had bidding scores changed, to the benefit of a particular bidder, according to Lappen and the indictment.

Lappen said Pawlowski wanted to direct that 2013 contract to a company that provided "a steady stream of benefits" to him, which included campaign contributions and Philadelphia Eagles tickets.

Read Full Article

Sounds like Massachusetts. I think we have 3 speakers of the house in prison.

Lawrence MA had the mayor given the title of most corrupt mayor in America.

All Dems 

How did they miss Harrisburg ?  The Dems in the big cities are running this state into the ground.  They are always trying to squeeze the people for more money.  This year they are charging $6 for the book that goes with a hunting license, and you have to pay $27 extra to hunt pheasant.  But I know a lot of people who always vote Dem, and tell me "The Dems are for the working man".  The remnants of a unionized industrial state. 

Just now, Stonesipher said:

As usual this op assumes that there is no corruption from the right.

Need a new shtick there guys. :howdy:

I am reporting on current events.

Any Republican Politicians arrested today?

10 minutes ago, Riverboat33 said:

How did they miss Harrisburg ?  The Dems in the big cities are running this state into the ground.  They are always trying to squeeze the people for more money.  This year they are charging $6 for the book that goes with a hunting license, and you have to pay $27 extra to hunt pheasant.  But I know a lot of people who always vote Dem, and tell me "The Dems are for the working man".  The remnants of a unionized industrial state. 

You think some of these other mayors may be having problems sleeping at night?

What, with the cops on to their buddies, they might have reason to be looking over their shoulder. You can be sure they all share ideas and schemes.

1 minute ago, dena said:

You think some of these other mayors may be having problems sleeping at night?

What, with the cops on to their buddies, they might have reason to be looking over their shoulder. You can be sure they all share ideas and schemes.

I truly hope so.

A guy I went to school with, ran for State House as a Dem, in the 80s, and won.  Quit after one term, said it was just to corrupt.  He was an honest man. 

On 7/27/2017 at 7:44 PM, Riverboat33 said:

I truly hope so.

A guy I went to school with, ran for State House as a Dem, in the 80s, and won.  Quit after one term, said it was just to corrupt.  He was an honest man. 

Those that can't or WONT play THE GAME get out because they are honest. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Riverboat33 said:

I truly hope so.

Apologies, old brain, he stayed a lot longer than one term, but he did complain about the corruption.   

Since I live where republicans control the local government they run the show; several of them have been caught too...

On July 27, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Riverboat33 said:

..."The Dems are for the working man"...

We learned that's not true...

7 minutes ago, rollincoal said:

Since I live where republicans control the local government they run the show; several of them have been caught too...

Agree both parties like their graft.  I think in the cities there are more opportunities, larger budgets more services.