So THAT'S the plan for the coal miners.....

Rate this topic

mrl

At least, I'd think so.  I mean, if folks in upstate NY are supposed to leave their homes and move where the jobs are, why not the folks in OH, KY, PA, WV, right?   From a Washington Post interview:

Trump said upstate New Yorkers should pick up and move to states like Wisconsin, which have better job prospects. "You're going to need people to work in these massive plants," Trump told the Wall Street Journal. "I'm going to start explaining to people, when you have an area that just isn't working like upper New York state, where people are getting very badly hurt, and then you'll have another area 500 miles away where you can't get people, I'm going to explain, you can leave. It's OK. Don't worry about your house."

ya, because im sure the upstate NY work force is skilled enough to go work for FOXCONN, who is sayin that they will have 3,000 (to start) skilled positions available at a salary of $54,000..  I dont know, even if I was skilled in this line of business, I wouldnt leave anywhere for $54,000 a year.. 

Its funny how they are stating that these are high paying skilled jobs.. $54,000???  we pay kids out of college close to that at the Hospital for doing heads down data entry.. LOL 

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

38 minutes ago, big country said:

ya, because im sure the upstate NY work force is skilled enough to go work for FOXCONN, who is sayin that they will have 3,000 (to start) skilled positions available at a salary of $54,000..  I dont know, even if I was skilled in this line of business, I wouldnt leave anywhere for $54,000 a year.. 

Its funny how they are stating that these are high paying skilled jobs.. $54,000???  we pay kids out of college close to that at the Hospital for doing heads down data entry.. LOL 

Half of the US earns less than $54,000 a year.  College grads aren't going to be putting together LCD screens.

10 minutes ago, big country said:

And people wonder why hospital costs are so high.    :dismay:

The Left calls $15/hour a "living wage."

That's $31,200 a year.

If 31K is a "living wage," then 70% more (54K) would certainly be considered "high paying," no?

Or would you like to begin by agreeing that 31K is not really a living wage, and that the Left is wrong with their claim?

Edited by JoeyZac

Your over thinking it. Raising to $15 would do wonders for a standard of living. It still is low income but more livable. If 1/2 of the country makes $54k you can see how much of a differential that is. The point that is missing is that 1/2 of us don't really make much money and things like college and health care really matter. HALF of us !!!!!!! Fighting for tax breaks for the rich really is stupid if you think you are going to benefit from those cuts. I don't think there is any other way to think of it when you consider these numbers.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.