Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mummichog

Teacher Strike and School Sports?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone with a student athlete go through a strike?  We are getting ready to start my son's freshman year of high school and camp for freshman football.  I am on the boosters and have been raising money all winter, spring and summer as well as planning all kinds of events, team dinners, etc...  My son is extremely excited to start the season and we have lots of time and money already spoken for.

One catch......teachers are going on strike.

So, what happens.  Is the season over for us?  The freshman typically only play 6 games, so September would be 2/3 of their season.  This would really be a blow.  That's in addition to the rest of the suckiness of a teacher strike.

What have your experiences been?

5 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

when did men become involved in the booster stuff, other than saying where the money goes?

When 90% of the parents became losers and don't contribute sh1t.  Then the good parents step up, whether they are fathers or mothers.  

We aren't called boosters.  We are football parents club, if that makes any difference.

that sucks, good luck...definitely a shift along the way.

I couldn't imagine dealing with this, never mind for the freshman, id imagine there are seniors who are hoping to secure a scholarship, or even preferential treatment, from colleges from this season.

If coach had any sauce he'd conduct workouts & double sessions as normal, there's over a month to figure it out and you know they will