passiton

Water Cooler

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

I just moved my office (that's a whole different thread) and need to supply several things that were included in my old location, including a water cooler.  Tap water is for **** here.   I'm not sure if I want to pay a service to deliver 5 gallon bottles and rent me their dispenser or if I should just go buy my own at the Depot or Lowes.  I'm guessing 5 gallons for useage.    Anyone use one of the big box store water coolers and like it?  

Check out a filtration /cooler that sits in the counter. Much cheaper if the water is acceptable.

Is this for the waiting area or just for your private consumption?  I had the service and found we simply werent drinking that much water.

It probably makes more sense to buy your own.  Those dispensors get nasty after a while.

We had a water cooler, our own, for several years, KOQ is right about them getting nasty after awhile. I ended up throwing it in the dumpster and got a nice stand up cooler/fridge, one of those with the glass door on the front, and now we just buy bottled water and fill as needed. 

We use those rectangular gallon jugs that they sell in the supermarket with the dispenser at the bottom. Keep in inside the refrigerator and comes in a case of 2.  Works well, cheap, easy and clean.  Throw away or recycle when empty. 

we got a reverse osmosis purifier for the office. it's a gov't agency so i'm not sure what the price tag was, but the water is splendiferous

The water is for clients and for the counselors.  I use a quart every night for tea and will make coffee earlier in the day. 

I just called a local company   $10 a month to have their machine and $6 for a five gallon container delivered to my door.  I signed up for the service.   I'll have to clean the dispenser periodically, but ok ok with that.

Or you could be your own water guy and run to Costco every time you need a jug. What do you bill your time at?

Eff that, get the service.