Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Question on the ACA issue

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

So, Trump has been saying since day one of his campaign "Repeal and Replace Obamacare".. I think the utter failure of that by Congress and the Senate brings us into a new era of what should happen.. All the Conservatives say they dont want to "Fix" obamacare, they'd rather watch it crash, etc.. but they want to repeal and replace and the question then is replace with what?  

It seems like repeal and replace isnt going to happen anytime soon.. but here me out.. isnt repeal and replace just a phrase used by the right to make it seem like the "won" something else?  wouldnt the exact same thing be FIX Obamacare?  the idea behind it is solid, get everyone to have affordable heathcare, options to pick providers, low cost, good coverage, pre-existing conditions, etc.. OK?  

Why not admit to the public that 1) repeal/replace is almost impossible in todays society 2) come forth with a plan that doesnt repeal it, it just replaces it.. make it better 3) since you arent technically repealing and replacing, the Dems wont have their panties in a bunch and may be more likely to work with the right and have input to the bill rather than 20 old white guys sitting in a room and supposedly figuring the whole thing out excluding the other 32 repubs and all the dems.. 

have a press conference, and tell the american people that they are no longer looking to repeal and replace they are now looking to FIX Obamacare.. its a win/win.. Trump can still say he's the one who made healthcare better, which one ups him over Obama, The congress and Senate come off as working bipartisan for the good of the country (and there constituents reward them come election time), the Dems can say they won because obamacare was not repealed and replaced and most importantly, if they do make improvements to it, (better coverage, less money, etc) the american people who in some cases are getting crushed by it, all make out in the end, giving them what they desperately need.. 

It makes perfect sense!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm not interested in compromising with the Dems, and I view the way they shoved ObamaCare down our throats as a personal affront, almost a declaration of war against the Right.

I want ObamaCare repealed, as it is the single biggest way to strike at his legacy.

**** the Dems.  **** Obama.  **** ObamaCare, and I remember Nancy Pelosi with her gavel, as she walked to the Capital gloating.  I neither forget nor forgive their attitude on that day.

Repeal it.  Replace it.  Own it.  And hope to god that what they replace it with works.

Edited by JoeyZac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm not interested in compromising with the Dems, and I view the way they shoved ObamaCare down our throats as a personal affront, almost a declaration of war against the Right.

I want ObamaCare repealed, as it is the single biggest way to strike at his legacy.

**** the Dems.  **** Obama.  **** ObamaCare, and I remember Nancy Pelosi with her gavel, as she walked to the Capital gloating.  I neither forget nor forgive their attitude on that day.

Repeal it.  Replace it.  Own it.  And hope to god that what they replace it with works.

not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schooner Fred said:

not happening.

The Democrat Party is Not Happening.  I just posted an Editorial on the Democrat Party's stale, stuck in the mud, lack of new ideas.  You may not like where your Party is now.

ACA - We couldn't repeal it yesterday.  We will be back at it again until it is repealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, big country said:

So, Trump has been saying since day one of his campaign "Repeal and Replace Obamacare".. I think the utter failure of that by Congress and the Senate brings us into a new era of what should happen.. All the Conservatives say they dont want to "Fix" obamacare, they'd rather watch it crash, etc.. but they want to repeal and replace and the question then is replace with what?  

It seems like repeal and replace isnt going to happen anytime soon.. but here me out.. isnt repeal and replace just a phrase used by the right to make it seem like the "won" something else?  wouldnt the exact same thing be FIX Obamacare?  the idea behind it is solid, get everyone to have affordable heathcare, options to pick providers, low cost, good coverage, pre-existing conditions, etc.. OK?  

Why not admit to the public that 1) repeal/replace is almost impossible in todays society 2) come forth with a plan that doesnt repeal it, it just replaces it.. make it better 3) since you arent technically repealing and replacing, the Dems wont have their panties in a bunch and may be more likely to work with the right and have input to the bill rather than 20 old white guys sitting in a room and supposedly figuring the whole thing out excluding the other 32 repubs and all the dems.. 

have a press conference, and tell the american people that they are no longer looking to repeal and replace they are now looking to FIX Obamacare.. its a win/win.. Trump can still say he's the one who made healthcare better, which one ups him over Obama, The congress and Senate come off as working bipartisan for the good of the country (and there constituents reward them come election time), the Dems can say they won because obamacare was not repealed and replaced and most importantly, if they do make improvements to it, (better coverage, less money, etc) the american people who in some cases are getting crushed by it, all make out in the end, giving them what they desperately need.. 

It makes perfect sense!!  

Grand plan except you are conveniently forgetting one key factor.

ACA was designed to fail as a pathway to single payer.

It can't be "fixed".

It was the perfect plan, no Republican involvement in its creation and full Republican blame for the inability to fix what can't be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let it crash.

Blame it on the Democrats.

Replace it with what we had before Barrycare.

Unless the Republicans get some testicular fortitude,  and get the price fixing out of the medical industry, letting it crash is the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dena said:

Let it crash.

Blame it on the Democrats.

Replace it with what we had before Barrycare.

Unless the Republicans get some testicular fortitude,  and get the price fixing out of the medical industry, letting it crash is the way to go.

the medical industry does NOT set prices and certainly doesnt engage in price fixing.  you do realize that ALL private insurance companis set their reimbursement rates off of Medicare? Which of course, is govt controlled.. 

you really dont understand the ramifications of "letting it go" either.. all that does in reality is allow people to become sick, get sicker, or die all to get an "I told ya so" for your party.. who wins?  no one.. what we had before Barrycare was literally millions of Americans who couldn't afford healthcare and either went untreated and got sicker (died) or they got sick, were treated, and had no way to pay the enormous price of healthcare and ended up losing their homes, etc.. most people with no healthcare became Medicaid, which is FREE to the patient or Medicaid Pending (having applied for medicaid and its not approved or denied yet).. do you know what the avg reimbursement rate is for patients with MEdicaid or what Medicaid pays the Dr or hosp compared to Medicare?  Ill tell you 7%.  If a charge in a Dr's office is $100.00. Medicare pays 80% of 80% or $64.  Medicaid pays $7 on the same charge.  whats happens there??  Dr office's accept more patients to make up for the lack of reimbursement, patients care suffers because the Dr no longer spends 30-45 minutes with you, they rush you in, rush you out, its all about the cash, not patient care.. its a viscious cycle and the patient gets screwed.. The ACA if done correctly, would help alleviate this issue. Dr's get reimbursed better, way less medicaid patients.

Written this 10x here before.  the problem isnt the ACA, the problem inherently is the Govt and how they build the medicare reimbursement rates. All those surveys you get now when you go to the Dr's office are all reported upon and sent to the Govt and based on how the Office does in the surveys, they get better or worse MEdicare Reimbursement from the Govt. This could slide as much as 5% either way.. then to make up for the possible loss of revenue from Mcare, the Hospitals negotiate for Rates from the Payers (insurance campanies), the hospitals hold the cards here, if they decide not to be PAR with an insurance company because they cant agree on Rates, the can literally close down an insurance company in some locations.. so in order to stay afloat, the insurance companies increase the cost to the patient which is where the patient feels the ACA.. 

there are fixes available, but Repeal itself will send this country back to another financial crisis.. people Dx'd with serious medical issues will be in serious financial danger, spend less money, etc and you can see the point from there (aside from the money issues, lives will be lost).  If the Govt fixed the ACA, which is fixable, everyone would win, the Dr's (better reimbursement, and better care), the patient (lower costs, and better medical care), the govt (more people getting off medicaid), and of course the politicians, if they could ever Fix it, they would be rock stars, rather than d-bags. doing something for the people instead of the party, will go a long way in getting these guys re-elected.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will ultimately be replaced by single payer... That was the design from the beginning of ACA... Only problem will be the disruption of economics in the transition.. Slower will be the way... Like the "let it fail" scenario..We do not have the representation required to go back to the days where folks pay their own medical bills without employing the govt to force our neighbors to pay them for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm not interested in compromising with the Dems, and I view the way they shoved ObamaCare down our throats as a personal affront, almost a declaration of war against the Right.

I want ObamaCare repealed, as it is the single biggest way to strike at his legacy.

**** the Dems.  **** Obama.  **** ObamaCare, and I remember Nancy Pelosi with her gavel, as she walked to the Capital gloating.  I neither forget nor forgive their attitude on that day.

Repeal it.  Replace it.  Own it.  And hope to god that what they replace it with works.

So given that you were p o about how the original vote went down the only way you would have gotten it passed is if the GOP did the same thing but they didn't have the stuff to get it done. Would have that OK for you now that it's what you want?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

So given that you were p o about how the original vote went down the only way you would have gotten it passed is if the GOP did the same thing but they didn't have the stuff to get it done. Would have that OK for you now that it's what you want?

I would have had no issue at all with the GOP using the same method to repeal ObamaCare and put things back to the way they were.

If they were dicks about it, then I'd have very honestly said "they were dicks about how the did it though," the same exact way I honestly say "I fully support Trump's platform, but he acts/tweets like a child."

I'm a very honest person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would anybody want to fix a broken plan made up of broken parts? What do you do, fit good parts to the weak/broken p[arts? Dems, Rs, and anybody with some degree of knowledge know that the ACA sucks and will soon break itself. BCs suggestion of keeping parts and still calling it OB care sounds nice so we can all play nice and be friends but that isn't sound business. If the Dems would manup and say LET US ALL start over and some of the block head Reps would accept ideas coming from the left, maybe just maybe WE could come up with a sound plan.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.