BrianBM

LGBTs in the military

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

The existing thread is 16 pages long, as I write, started badly, and got worse. So I didn't finish it.  Just a couple of notes cribbed from military  dot com.

All three services have studies in progress to determine whether LGBT military personnel are a problem for the services. None were finished; the President's decision pre-empts all of them. The decision was not made "in consultation with the Generals," it was made without consultation. Policy by impulse tweet, same as usual.  

If anyone has served with a soldier, sailor, Marine, AF personnel, etc., whom you knew to be transgender, would you please speak up? Was he/she competent, was he/she a problem for the unit?  Since transgendered people are so few and far between, if we have anyone here who has served with a homosexual man or woman, was this a problem for you, or for the unit?

The President is in campaign mode. He's back to exciting his base, which he assumes (I'm sure correctly) to be uncomfortable with gays, and hugely uncomfortable with the idea of transgender people.

I find the idea of someone identifying as the opposite of what their plumbing says they are to be hard to comprehend, but that doesn't make them scary.  YMMV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrianBM said:

 

I find the idea of someone identifying as the opposite of what their plumbing says they are to be hard to comprehend, but that doesn't make them scary.  YMMV.

 

It makes their mental stability suspect.

If they don't know who they are how can anyone trust them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not afraid of them, they don't really scare me, that is kind of our point. The enemy isn't going to be intimidated either.

The Pentagon does not need any studies. They already have spent millions on studies proving Gullible Warming is the biggest threat they will ever face. Leftists have used the military for their social experiments for far too long.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

...........that doesn't make them scary..........

Agreed.  Not scary.  But they are:

- A distraction, even if not by their own doing.
- Damn expensive, if they're looking for us to pay for their elective surgery.
- Distracted/hindered by some kind of "issue."
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make us sort of a laughing stick dont ya think? I thought thats what Barry was thinking the whole time.

Of course they're going to want to be a protected class within the armed services......so no. They dont belong.

Maybe try the the FBI or Post Office..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gotcow? said:

It makes their mental stability suspect.

If they don't know who they are how can anyone trust them

That's why I am asking for anyone who served with an identifiable transgendered person to speak up.  Or, failing that, if you served with a person who was homosexual, to speak up. 

 

14 minutes ago, FishinMortician said:

I am not afraid of them, they don't really scare me, that is kind of our point. The enemy isn't going to be intimidated either.

The Pentagon does not need any studies. They already have spent millions on studies proving Gullible Warming is the biggest threat they will ever face. Leftists have used the military for their social experiments for far too long.

 

It's such a damn shame how the military's scientists, like so many others, keep coming up with politically unacceptable science.  Science is too important to be left to scientists, we need to let fossil-fuel interests make more scientific decisions ... of course, SoS Tillerson thinks it's real, and he was head of ExxonMobil, so he's probably a Commie or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrianBM said:

That's why I am asking for anyone who served with an identifiable transgendered person to speak up.  Or, failing that, if you served with a person who was homosexual, to speak up. 

 

Well, I can only offer something close.

I worked with a transgendered person, was Kenny and became Karen Ann. Decent person and a competent engineer but when he/she was around everyone walked on eggshells and it was a very uncomfortable situation with workers fearing a visit to HR for unintentional comment that was misinterpreted.

The air changed when she was around and not for the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

 

 

It's such a damn shame how the military's scientists, like so many others, keep coming up with politically unacceptable science.  Science is too important to be left to scientists, we need to let fossil-fuel interests make more scientific decisions ... of course, SoS Tillerson thinks it's real, and he was head of ExxonMobil, so he's probably a Commie or something. 

I think Buckscorider is saying that science is a social experiment.

Edited by patchyfog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I infer that this wasn't a military service to which you refer. 

"Decent person and a competent engineer," but everyone else's "walking on eggshells," suggests that the general culture is more the problem then the LGBTs themselves. But thank you for the example.  Was Kenny/Karen a hypersensitive pain in the butt before coming out as transgendered?

Edited by BrianBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

That's why I am asking for anyone who served with an identifiable transgendered person to speak up.  Or, failing that, if you served with a person who was homosexual, to speak up. 

 

 

While serving in Gitmo, 1968, my friend got drunk with a HM3, he passed out and woke up with the guy  performing fellatio on him.   Word got around and the guy was ridiculed, behind his back mostly. Made for a bad situation, since we were all in one barracks.  The guy eventually cut his wrists and got sent state side.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Creepy as hell.  Cutting your wrists sorta suggests someone who shouldn't have been in the military in the first place, but that's before the days of a volunteer military.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gotcow? said:

It makes their mental stability suspect.

If they don't know who they are how can anyone trust them

Its the exact opposite.. they do know who they are and are acting on it.. good for them.. Im not a fan of it, and I dont know how I would react if I were in a bunker with one of them in the battlefield.. but I guarantee this, if they went through the training and were able to do the job, the last Id be thinking about is someones twigs and berries with bullets flying over my head.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

Creepy as hell.  Cutting your wrists sorta suggests someone who shouldn't have been in the military in the first place, but that's before the days of a volunteer military.  

I believe that was before gays were allowed in the military.  As far as I know, no one ever reported him to the officers.  I think he cut his wrist to get out of there before anyone of importance found out.  He was a guy you would never suspected it of, kind of a macho man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.