Amazon TV?

Rate this topic

KWolf

Use Comcast for a high speed Internet connection, and put a wireless router or access point on each floor of the house.

Get a Firestick, a Prime account, and follow directions on Youtube to install Kodi on the Firestick.  A few other pay services like Netflix or Hulu, and you'll have just about everything you could want.

Pros: No more expensive Comcast bill.

Cons:

1. Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, etc are all completely legal and work great.  Kodi is somewhat questionable in nature, and it's what you use for live tv, sports, free ppv events, and movies that are still in the theaters.

2. No channel surfing.  With all these services, you kind of have to know what you want to watch, and then click a little to get to it.  There is no turning on the tv, and just flicking through 200 channels till you find something entertaining.

3. You have to be competent enough with electronics that you can handle a somewhat difficult/limited remote control, and also have the ability to do more than just hit "menu" and scroll up and down.  Especially if you want to work with Kodi for all the free stuff, you either need some level of computer understanding, or access to a 12 year old to do it for you.

13 minutes ago, Eagles Dare said:

And make sure you get the latest version. There was a hacker exploit through the program listings or some****.

I believe it was in the program descriptor metadata.

Kodi: use at your own risk, to me it's not worth it.

2 minutes ago, woowoo2 said:

I agree. A much better solution is to turn the idiot box off. Seriously. 

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

13 minutes ago, woowoo2 said:

I believe it was in the program descriptor metadata.

Using Kodi to stream pirated content without a VPN is asking for trouble.  Could be legal trouble or could be network penetration trouble but its not a good idea.

I love my Firestick!

Edited by sbcbmx112

The reason Kodi exists is because people are furious with cable and direct tv prices and what you get for that price. People want to cut the cord and its the result of cable being greedy and having awful customer service. even Netflix sucks, its cheap but it has no new movies and when you search for an old movie you want to watch its not there half the time.

"Whoopsy Daisy"

4 minutes ago, Humboldt Squid said:

The reason Kodi exists is because people are furious with cable and direct tv prices and what you get for that price. People want to cut the cord and its the result of cable being greedy and having awful customer service. even Netflix sucks, its cheap but it has no new movies and when you search for an old movie you want to watch its not there half the time.

So if you don't like what a company sells something for, it's OK to steal it? If I like, say, Beluga caviar, but I think that the price is outrageous, that makes it OK to into a store and shoplift?

There's a very simple solution if you think TV is too expensive: don't watch it. Read a book, go for a walk, or bop the baloney, whatever. Or get a digital antenna and watch F-Troop reruns on MeTV.

You're not entitled to cheap television. 

Edited by Belmo

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

2 minutes ago, Belmo said:

So if you don't like what a company sells something for, it's OK to steal it? If I like, say, Beluga caviar, but I think that the price is outrageous, that makes it OK to into a store and shoplift?

There's a very simple solution if you think TV is too expensive: don't watch it. Read a book, go for a walk, or bop the baloney, whatever. Or get a digital antenna and watch F-Troop reruns on MeTV.

You're not entitled to cheap television. 

Or go out and get some fresh air, at say, the track!  :laugh: