Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batman67

Big Fluke or Bluefish? Or?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

This is a first and I have been fishing 40 yrs. Fishing for fluke today at a long island inlet. Fishing Skinner rig, hook a small sea robin. I start reeling it in and all of a sudden he gets in current. Line suddenally feels alot heavier for a few seconds. Then feels light again. I reel in and have a sea robin. But just the head hooked in the lip, the rest looks bitten off and he is still alive. I havent seen any bluefish caught there for weeks. Big fluke?

Just now, Wire For Fire said:

Most likely.. haven't seen to many gorillas around... how big of a robin we talking .. got no pics ? 

Maybe 8-10 inches, I never bring phone on rocks. Should have went to car though. Guts were still there, so wasnt a clean bite.

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing. "

43 minutes ago, the3fishheads said:

Only thing for sure is u ain't gonna catch nuthin from the couch. Cept maybe a flea. 

Screenshot_2017-07-27-19-21-42-1.png

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The couch, Im confused. I fish 3-5 hrs a day, 3-5 days a week. And sometimes twice a day. All year round!

Im not a picture **** or big on bragging. I enjoy it for the sport with other like minded fishermen.  Chunking for sharks  from the beach doesnt impress anyone. Except maybe the person who caught it.

Tight lines...