Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyangler

Dilbert guy: Why President Trump is on the verge of total victory

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Scott Adams, aka "the Dilbert guy" to FnM, Numbie, etc, months ago predicted the arc anti-Trumpers would go through as their worst fears and paranoias were not fulfilled. In a process not too dissimilar to the progression on grief they would progress from "Trump is Hitler, literally" to a grudging acceptance. 

I have posted it here multiple times but it always seem to get ignored. Here's the latest:

On 6/28/2017 at 6:11 PM, tomkaz said:

See, Dilbert guy was right Frank and you have fulfilled his arc theory:

Trump=Hitler

Trump=Dangerous but not Hitler

Trump=Incompetent

Trump=Competent but I don't like him 

And Adams thought it would be late this year to get to that last stage, so you are a Lib ahead of your time. 

To which, in relatively predictable pattern, came the next response, in less than six minutes:

On 6/28/2017 at 6:16 PM, numbnuts said:

Nobody could ever mistake Don the Con as competent.

Anyway, Scott Adams says that Trump is about to make that next shift from "Incompetent" to "Competent, but I don't like him". Or, as I believe Adams articulates in the video below, "Getting things done but I don't like them". 

I still think that Adams is rushing things and it will take until early winter to get to that stage/state, but who am I to argue with one of the few who predicted President Trump, and did so in August 2015. 

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/163412586896/i-tell-you-why-president-trump-is-on-the-verge-of

If that URL gets blocked, just google: I Tell You Why President Trump is on the Verge of Total Victory

One thing Adams does not touch on is the internal angst that the progression through that arc is causing among the anti-Trump crowd. We see it every day as the rantings and ravings become louder, more shrill, more desperate and, dare we say it, more violent. Just look at the reaction last night to the Trump speech to the Scouts - shouts of "Hitler" coming back as if that will make it so.

My guess is that is because they are seeing their earlier fears (or hopes) evaporate and that is proving their earlier assessments wrong. And being wrong, twice (HRC to win and Trump=Hitler) is painful to accept. And the cognitive dissonance that is creating is blowing their minds. 

20 minutes ago, numbnuts said:

Keep dreaming fanboy, you done been conned by the master.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you think he's on the edge of total victory, you're chugging enough kool aid that you're about to bust through a wall saying Oh Yeah.

12 minutes ago, patchyfog said:

I think The Dilbert Guy is wrong.

And Adams might be wrong, but consider the following:

Adams predicted Trump would take the GOP nomination when the RoW gave him no chance

Adams predicted Trump's general election win, in August 2015

Adams predicted the arc which you have all been on. When was the last time a SOLer said, in earnest, that Trump=Hitler?

So what out-of-consensus events have you guys accurately predicted over the past year?

If I am wrong and the Trump-Russia collusion is proven without doubt, I will gladly admit my errors here, in public and accept whatever ridicule that will come. Will you guys do similar if the opposite occurs? I have my doubts. 

5 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

And Adams might be wrong, but consider the following:

Adams predicted Trump would take the GOP nomination when the RoW gave him no chance

Adams predicted Trump's general election win, in August 2015

Adams predicted the arc which you have all been on. When was the last time a SOLer said, in earnest, that Trump=Hitler?

So what out-of-consensus events have you guys accurately predicted over the past year?

If I am wrong and the Trump-Russia collusion is proven without doubt, I will gladly admit my errors here, in public and accept whatever ridicule that will come. Will you guys do similar if the opposite occurs? I have my doubts. 

Yes, do you admit that Hillary has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing by the various Republican led investigations?

1 minute ago, numbnuts said:

Yes, do you admit that Hillary has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing by the various Republican led investigations?

I might, if I thought we have seen the end of all that but at this juncture, that story has not played itself out.

This DNC IT fiasco could have unpredictable reach. Note the degree to which the MSM wants to ignore it. I think it highly likely that these people offloaded EVERY email passing through the office of DWS as well as the two dozen Dems who used their services. IF there was any ever dirt that was discussed by emails between Team Clinton and DWS, it is likely that those emails are saved somewhere else. 

These IT people were grifters and grifters always have backup plans should they get caught. DWS kept him on as an employee, even after all the other dirt was known, why? What did he have hanging over her head? It was only after the Feds said we are going to bust this guy did she official fire him, and then he was arrested. 

And if DWS is going down, I would bet you $100 that she is not going down alone and will try to cut a deal. With her hair, she knows she will not look good in "orange". 

But hey, if nothing comes of this and Sessions starts no HRC investigations, then I will admit that she was "not found to be chargeable" which is a long way from "cleared". 

8 minutes ago, numbnuts said:

But you avoided answering the question in bold face:

18 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

I never called him Hitler, thought a comparison to Mussolini was better anyway.:rav:

But there's a definite authoritarian streak in him.

8 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

But you avoided answering the question in bold face:

How long are you gonna keep bragging, Trump won, we all know it. Is Trump winning the proudest moment of your life? Because it seems like it.

Edited by numbnuts