koppisch

raritan south branch

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

For a split second I thought the post picture was of that river. Was about to say 'that ain't the south branch!'

some good memories there   Lotta lotta lotta fishing 

Looking forward to fishing the South Branch in the Whitehouse Station area... any suggestions of better spots or even specific parking lots or pull-offs to look for? Will be in the area early June after graduating from college. 

9 hours ago, Brian Schmitt said:

Looking forward to fishing the South Branch in the Whitehouse Station area... any suggestions of better spots or even specific parking lots or pull-offs to look for? Will be in the area early June after graduating from college. 

I used the fish the Ken Lockwood Gorge

i also has some places up by Califon 

I spent quite a bit of time working at a large property in Somerset Co, where the N Br Raritan formed one of the boundaries. There's a large piece...maybe 75 acres...of undisturbed floodplain forest on it. It's one of the nicest pieces of that habitat I've seen in the northeast (unless you get into the boonies). A lot of old timber, it's just gorgeous.

12 hours ago, Brian Schmitt said:

Locations and directions are on the NJ DEC website.