flyangler

Shark abuse beyond stoopid, even if legal (video)

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

This video annoys me, no matter the circumstances or legality. I searched to see if anyone has posted it here and did not find it but apologies if this is a dupe.

I first saw this on Instagram yesterday where the 11 seconds are looped. I can't even imagine how those involved thought this was a good idea, even if they were going to "harvest" the shark. Yeah, I get that it might not be illegal, but still. Filming it and releasing it on social media suggests they thought it was "cool" which leaves me bewildered. And anglers wonder why non-anglers can be anti-fishing, especially shark fishing. 

But, it's Florida, so......

Local media report:

In a video circulating over social media, a shark is pursuing a group of humans. But not intentionally.

The 11-second video from Florida shows a shark violently tumbling over a speedboat’s wake and skipping hard on the water’s surface as a group of unidentified men laugh and gesture at the predator.

One of the men appear to say the shark is going to die.

“Look, it’s already almost there,” another responds.

South Florida charter fishing captain Mark “Mark The Shark” Quartiano received the video on Instagram from someone he believes was on the boat, who also sent him a photo of the shark torn to pieces.

Edited by tomkaz

I saw a bunch of other photos from his Instagram page and he is a total ass. Pic showing him with 2 large Tarpon on board. One supposedly showing him drowning a dog. IF they are true, he should be locked up.  He has a sick mind. FWC is now supposedly investigating him.

Someone on Instagram outed him by name but by the time I checked his account was "private". Don't know if that was a recent change or not but given his high number of followers, seems it was recent. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't care for shark fishing myself, but that is probably the worst thing I have seen posted by supposed "anglers." Hope Florida throws the book at them.

Edited by nightfighter

13 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

people are so up in arms about this.

I cant manage even a small fuq to give.

Hmmmm, need to process that one. 

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

people are so up in arms about this.

I cant manage even a small fuq to give.

Thing was prolly dead already. I dont get the outrage either.