makorider

I assume foxes don't roam in multiples?? &$%* me

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wife comes in last night and tells me "There were two foxes on the edge of the lawn when I pulled in. "

While we have fox around, have seen him a bunch, I also thought I may have caught a yote out of the corner of my eye a few weeks ago.

I'm thinking you are not going to see a pair of foxes roaming together?  Which then is bad news....my Jack loves to be outside roaming, we have a wireless fence, and he's happy there vs in my face driving me nuts when inside.  I guess those days are over? 

Do I need to worry about daylight hours too?

This sucks

As a follow-up, how loud are sub-sonic .22s?:cool:

Edited by makorider

Sub Sonic's sound about like hitting something really hard with a hammer,

put a baby. Bottle nipple on a bolt action muzzle and no one will pay it any attention 

Could be a mated pair looking for food for their young.

Depending on the size of the family pet, they wouldn't be brazen enough to try attacking anything as big or bigger than they are.

Now 'yotes are a different story. They WILL try tackling something big if they are hungry and need to feed their young.

In any case, it warrants keeping your eyes pealed for any increase in activity and aggression!

We got a similar problem here but its raccoons. Dog was out in are fenced in yard Thurs. night for his last piss before bedtime and when we let him in he came in limping. Upon checking what was wrong with him we could see scratch and bite marks on his belly and rear legs. My first thought was he ran into the damn ground hog but these were deep wounds and scratches. 

The next night the trash was overturned and coon footprints were found that were bigger than are dogs.

I've definitely seen fox in groups of 2 and at least once a trio together but they were begging for food on the way out of ibsp. Set up a trail cam be sure 

First you visually identify what they actually are. Yotes will get yer dog. I've seen them in daylight, but it was close to their den. They get more brazen as the sun dips. 

I've seen fox pairs and more at times. Rare but it happens. The yotes I have seen we're always alone. Not saying they don't have packs or pairs, just my experience. Pretty sizeable difference between fox and coyotes in the Northeast. 

1 minute ago, Scallywag said:

I've seen fox pairs and more at times. Rare but it happens. The yotes I have seen we're always alone. Not saying they don't have packs or pairs, just my experience. Pretty sizeable difference between fox and coyotes in the Northeast. 

If you see a yote you're lucky. If you see one it's a scout. You aren't seeing the three others. The yote population has exploded in the NE over the last decade.