flyangler

Good thing we don't talk to SOLers in person

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Because to talk to them might be "stressful". Snowflakes.

Poll: 3-in-4 White Democrats Find It 'Stressful' to Talk to Trump Supporters

Three-in-four white Democrats and left-leaning Americans find it “frustrating” and “stressful” to talk politics with people who have a different opinion of President Trump, according to a Pew Research poll released Thursday. While more than half of Americans find it stressful talking to people they disagree with on Trump, white Democrats were the most likely to find it uncomfortable -- much more than Republicans of any race.

The findings are from a June 27-July 9 survey, which polled a representative sample of more than 2,500 Americans on political behaviors following Trump’s election.

Among all racial groups, white Democrats were also most likely to feel that support for Trump would “strain a friendship,” with nearly half of white Democrats feeling that way.

Women also found the Trump election especially upsetting. Women are exactly 10 percent more likely to find it stressful to talk to a friend who supports Trump, and 13 percent more likely to say they’re paying more attention to politics.

The poll also found that protests have been a key way Americans are coping with political stress, with 67% of people who attended a protest since the election doing so “in opposition to Trump or his policies,” according to Pew Research.

From San Fransisco to New York, and everywhere in between, thousands of protesters have taken to the streets, sometimes violently, since Trump was inaugurated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.. what I find amazing is that Ive been to numerous SOL flings and outings and found just about 99% of the people I meet at these things to be great people.. you'd never know their political beliefs because most people, in person, aren't dumb or brave enough (you pick) to speak in person the way they do here.. I don't think it has anything to do with snowflakes (whatever the F that is) vs repubs, its just not appropriate (we were all brought up that way, no politics or religion at the dinner table), we never did it.. but I can guarantee this, in person, I (most people) wouldn't be called the names that Ive been called on the internet, I dont think it would end well for anyone.. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now for the joke that was tee'd up way to easily.. I get stressed talking to Trump supporters because its hard to dumb down my conversation low enough so that I could be understood by those wearing the MAGA hats.. LOL  carry on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FrankStar said:

I be among a group of about 25 SOLers Friday. Fishing.

yay

 

3 minutes ago, big country said:

Interesting.. what I find amazing is that Ive been to numerous SOL flings and outings and found just about 99% of the people I meet at these things to be great people.. you'd never know their political beliefs because most people, in person, aren't dumb or brave enough (you pick) to speak in person the way they do here.. I don't think it has anything to do with snowflakes (whatever the F that is) vs repubs, its just not appropriate (we were all brought up that way, no politics or religion at the dinner table), we never did it.. but I can guarantee this, in person, I (most people) wouldn't be called the names that Ive been called on the internet, I dont think it would end well for anyone.. :) 

steady killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mitchell master said:

Most everyone gets along in the real wold.

Not the Shia and Sunni, Muslim and Hindi, Jew and Muslim, etc....

I work exclusively with ultra right wing conservatives, and we get along.  I am the token "liberal".  I find most of their political discussions laughable, but it doesn't cause me any stress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KnewBee said:

Not the Shia and Sunni, Muslim and Hindi, Jew and Muslim, etc....

I work exclusively with ultra right wing conservatives, and we get along.  I am the token "liberal".  I find most of their political discussions laughable, but it doesn't cause me any stress. 

stress cuz someone has a different political belief in the "real" world??  laughable.. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Country,

i really don't think you have bad views on things. I believe you simply judge the president based on presidential things, not republican versus democrat things. However, those of us that support President Trump are basically supporting one huge thing, preserving America to ensure it has a future for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.   

One very simple thing that wins my support is POTUS's stance on Immigration. It's very logical and based on statistical facts. As an analyst by trade, I appreciate him stating facts about "some" Muslims, facts about how immigration of middle eastern folks who aren't of our moral ilk end up causing issues in otherwise normal societies. This is clearly demonstrated in EUrope on a daily basis. When the Germans were invading, the world stood up and fought back, well guess what? The "worst of Islam" is invading on a daily basis and the Governments arent trying to fight it, they are allowing it to happen. Our president is willing to state the obvious and try his hardest to defend our country against such infiltration. At some point, each one of us will come across a situation where we expect people to act normal, with some kind of morality that was instilled in us by normal parents who loved us and understood life and cared about living and had respect.  But instead, you will be faced with an animal with evil instincts that were instilled in him by his faith and his misguided parents. At this point, you will realize that you made a mistake with your thinking. 

I understand there is evil in all types of people, but to allow evil to walk into our normal lives, with all of the factual information telling us just how crazy that Is to do, is absolutely idiotic. And that's where democrats are... sitting in a big pile of stupidity. Just too dumb to treat the situation as a problem and troubleshoot accordingly. 

I respect you I really do... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ErikT said:

Big Country,

i really don't think you have bad views on things. I believe you simply judge the president based on presidential things, not republican versus democrat things. However, those of us that support President Trump are basically supporting one huge thing, preserving America to ensure it has a future for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.   

One very simple thing that wins my support is POTUS's stance on Immigration. It's very logical and based on statistical facts. As an analyst by trade, I appreciate him stating facts about "some" Muslims, facts about how immigration of middle eastern folks who aren't of our moral ilk end up causing issues in otherwise normal societies. This is clearly demonstrated in EUrope on a daily basis. When the Germans were invading, the world stood up and fought back, well guess what? The "worst of Islam" is invading on a daily basis and the Governments arent trying to fight it, they are allowing it to happen. Our president is willing to state the obvious and try his hardest to defend our country against such infiltration. At some point, each one of us will come across a situation where we expect people to act normal, with some kind of morality that was instilled in us by normal parents who loved us and understood life and cared about living and had respect.  But instead, you will be faced with an animal with evil instincts that were instilled in him by his faith and his misguided parents. At this point, you will realize that you made a mistake with your thinking. 

I understand there is evil in all types of people, but to allow evil to walk into our normal lives, with all of the factual information telling us just how crazy that Is to do, is absolutely idiotic. And that's where democrats are... sitting in a big pile of stupidity. Just too dumb to treat the situation as a problem and troubleshoot accordingly. 

I respect you I really do... 

Thank you Erik! I think your right partly. I dont judge him on Democrat vs REpublican things. I judge him based on how he comes across and how he treats people. I have ZERO doubt that with our without Trump our country will be absolutely fine.. I dont think even he is stupid enough to ruin what we have.  I have zero doubt that america and its philosophies with be preserved no matter who is president.. I am in favor of many of the things Trumps says hes gonna do.. I completely disagree with how he says them and how he aims to achieve them.. I think your right about ISIS and the ILK, AL qaeda, etc. but I also think that people werent afraid of the Germans, they were afraid of the Nazi's. Not all Germans were bad in WW2. the Nazi Party was. Not all Muslims are bad, just the radicalized ones.. My grandfather was a first generation immigrant from Germany. He enlisted and made the rank of Lt Colonel in the Army. he fought against Germany knowing full well, some of the kids he grew up with were on the other side. same way some muslims fight for us today knowing kids from their country or village are in ISIS or Al Qaeda.  Im an optimist by nature. Im not a divisive political person.. I would be perfectly fine with a democratic president working well with a REpublican congress or senate and vice versa.. I think the majority of people today are not just republican or democrat, but hold beliefs from both sides and we are the people getting screwed by the crazies on either side.  we are NOT represented today.  there are many congressman and senators who are "middle" and are Forced to be on party lines, which isnt fair.. John Mccain, who ive disagreed with alot, had an incredible speech today. he spoke about the role of the senate and how its been lost over the last 6-7 years.. dems ruling with an iron fist and not willing to step across to get something done, and now repubs doing the same thing. viscious cycle and who wins?? no one. the american people suffer.. its ok to hold republican conservative beliefs.. but the feeling that since your conservative you have to decimate the other side is unamerican to me.. our country was built on compromise and people working together, especially in Govt... I havent seen that much recently, not just with Trump.. it has to change.. I takes tragedies like the shooting at the ball field, or Mccains cancer dx for guys and gals on opposite sides of the aisle to act normal and treat each other with respect.. that should be how it is.. they say it in public, but behind closed doors, they are ALL trying to decimate dick each other over.. someone needs to take a leadership role in the house and senate and end this madness.. doesnt matter if its dem or Rep, but someone has to get a set.. I think it should start with someone getting some sack and telling Trump they DONT WORK FOR HIM and start acting like it.. I forget his name, but a Repub didnt vote with Trump earlier this week and Trump threatened not helping him get re-elected.. those guys get elected by constituents, NOT appointed by Trump to do his dirty work and push HIS agenda.. they should serve there districts, not the White house, these guys have forgotten that.. sorry for the rant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomkaz said:

...........The poll also found that protests have been a key way Americans are coping with political stress, with 67% of people who attended a protest since the election doing so “in opposition to Trump or his policies,” according to Pew Research............

When Obama won, twice, Republicans said "damn, that sucks,"  and then the next day, went to work.

It should be fairly obvious to anyone which group is the adults, and which is the snowflakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.