Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Too Big To Fail?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Is Amazon too big to fail?

Amazon hasn't made a penny while singlehandedly shutting malls across the country.

Apparently they have been playing pricing games, jacking up prices just before having a sale, especially Prime Day, and using demand pricing, all are against consumer protection laws.

Bezos, the owner of Amazon thought he was slick, and bought the WaPo, and uses it to bash Politicians, especially Trump.

But ol Donny boy fights back, and has sicced his about to be fired AG Sessions on them . Ol Jeff could bust Amazon up into pieces, and close the whole thing down.

Is this a good thing, closing up the Prime store, of should we just let things ride, and let Amazon be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

free market society.. someone else will step right into Amazons shoes if they go away, which they wont.. they are leading the shopping service over EVER other online service. I used PRime all the time.. I dont care about the prices, I get my stuff in 2 days, no if ands or butts about it.. I love it.. why they woould worry about Amazon is silly to me.. there are a million other things politicians should get involved in, yet I keep hearing amazon creep in conversations.. silly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know anything about Price Fixing or Prime Day, but have found Amazon to be an absolutely amazing way to buy things.

Usually the cheapest price around, great selection, and Free Shipping.

What's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeyZac said:

I don't know anything about Price Fixing or Prime Day, but have found Amazon to be an absolutely amazing way to buy things.

Usually the cheapest price around, great selection, and Free Shipping.

What's not to like?

some people with businesses getting harmed by amazon are pissed.. why not the outrage over Walmart causing the close of all the small stores in towns all over america.. or Lowes/Home depot and the local hardware store.. walmart is almost exclusively repsonsible for the close of all the small local tackle stores too.. yet, lets go after amazon.. LOL  imagine one of these righties going after Walmart??? cha right, as if.. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, big country said:

some people with businesses getting harmed by amazon are pissed.. why not the outrage over Walmart causing the close of all the small stores in towns all over america.. or Lowes/Home depot and the local hardware store.. walmart is almost exclusively repsonsible for the close of all the small local tackle stores too.. yet, lets go after amazon.. LOL  imagine one of these righties going after Walmart??? cha right, as if.. LOL

I don't have an issue with Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart, or Costco, and do the far majority of my shopping via those 4 entities.

Throw in ebay and Wawa, and that's probably 95% of my purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big country said:

some people with businesses getting harmed by amazon are pissed.. why not the outrage over Walmart causing the close of all the small stores in towns all over america.. or Lowes/Home depot and the local hardware store.. walmart is almost exclusively repsonsible for the close of all the small local tackle stores too.. yet, lets go after amazon.. LOL  imagine one of these righties going after Walmart??? cha right, as if.. LOL

 

 

For one thing, Homies/Lowes/Walmart etc CEO did not buy a news paper, and use it as a bludgeon against the President, and other politicians.

If you hammer the politicians, better have your ducks all lined up in a row, because the big government nose you voted for(in Bezo's case) is gonna be sticking it in your business,

Bust it up, I say, if he broke the rules.

Like everyone says, another one will pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, so bust it up because they went against the president?  LOL just like everyone else in his cabinet I guess.. trust me, its not getting busted up.. he talks a much bigger game then he brings.. trust me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, big country said:

free market society.. someone else will step right into Amazons shoes if they go away, which they wont.. they are leading the shopping service over EVER other online service. I used PRime all the time.. I dont care about the prices, I get my stuff in 2 days, no if ands or butts about it.. I love it.. why they woould worry about Amazon is silly to me.. there are a million other things politicians should get involved in, yet I keep hearing amazon creep in conversations.. silly 

+1 for Amazon Prime.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dena said:

 

 

For one thing, Homies/Lowes/Walmart etc CEO did not buy a news paper, and use it as a bludgeon against the President, and other politicians.

If you hammer the politicians, better have your ducks all lined up in a row, because the big government nose you voted for(in Bezo's case) is gonna be sticking it in your business,

Bust it up, I say, if he broke the rules.

Like everyone says, another one will pop up.

Walmart are adopting a similar business plan and operation to Amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see this Administration getting much involved in antitrust work.  Most of the GOP is wary of the idea, and the cabinet is full of CEOs who have an instinctive distaste for antitrust.  If the DoJ pursues an antitrust case against Amazon, they'll be swimming very much against the tide of case law. Amazon, like Apple, is a monster because Jeff Bezos has had a Big Idea and pursued it quite successfully. 

I don't know whether Amazon should be broken up or not, but the Internet confers huge advantages on being first with a given idea.  I think you'd need a new antitrust law to break Amazon up, and the likeliest beneficiary of such a breakup would be Baidu.  Anybody want the Internet marketplace to be dominated by a Chinese player?

If an antitrust action is brought, it'll be to punish Bezos for his paper's political opinions, very obviously so, and Bezos has the money to push back hard. He said recently he's financing his space company, Blue Origins, by selling one billion dollars' worth of his Amazon stock a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, big country said:

some people with businesses getting harmed by amazon are pissed.. why not the outrage over Walmart causing the close of all the small stores in towns all over america.. or Lowes/Home depot and the local hardware store.. walmart is almost exclusively repsonsible for the close of all the small local tackle stores too.. yet, lets go after amazon.. LOL  imagine one of these righties going after Walmart??? cha right, as if.. LOL

Not exactly , Walmart did not close all small stores    . .. . .. ..  But people who stopped shopping in small stores around them  .. .. 

Edited by Keltan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Keltan said:

Not exactly , Walmart did not close all small stores    . .. . .. ..  But people who stopped shopping in small stores around them  .. .. 

I know walmart didnt close them, but as a consumer, Im guilty of it, why go to 4 stores on the way home, when I can hit a walmart or costco and get in all done in one stop?? and the small businesses eat it.. its just funny to me, that Amazon is the target due to their offensive.. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.