JaseB

Don't mess with Red

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

He's got a history of axing people's vehicles over minor disagreements, so I hear.

Sheriff: Man on drugs arrested after driving doorless car with axe in roof, no windshield

jared-price.png?w=650

WETHERSFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Wyoming County Sheriff’s office arrested a man after finding a suspicious vehicle in the Town of Wethersfield.

On Monday, deputies found the suspicious vehicle on Youngers Rd. near Wethersfield Rd. after receiving a report.

The vehicle had no doors, no windshield, no license plates and an axe stuck in the roof.

price-car-2.jpeg?w=650&h=714

Deputies tested the driver, Java resident Jared Price, 21, to see if he was intoxicated. They say he “performed poorly” when tested.

When taken back to the Sheriff’s office, a Drug Recognition Expert said Price was impaired by multiple drugs.

Subsequently, he was accused of the following crimes:

• DWAI-drugs
  • DWAI by the Combined Influence of Drugs
  • No License Plates
  • Unregistered Motor Vehicle
  • Operating Without Insurance
  • No Front Windshield
  • No Safety Glass

After being arraigned in Town of Gainesville Court, Price’s bail was set at $10,000.

He will be back in court on Aug. 1.

1 minute ago, redfishkiller said:

I only stick axes in roadworthy vehicles!

same style axe though...

It's on a road, so it is road worthy.   Sort of.

10 minutes ago, JaseB said:

The vehicle had no doors, no windshield, no license plates and an axe stuck in the roof.

I bet there's a great story behind this ^^^^^^

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, patchyfog said:

Guy moved to NY from Cottageville.

Probably...but there's gotta be more... yer Lincoln just don't end up with with no doors, no windshield, covered in mud with an ax stuck in the roof :read:

20 minutes ago, TimS said:

I bet there's a great story behind this ^^^^^^

:laugh:

It's really not hard to imagine.  You ever been in the woods cutting trees with an axe and want to put it down for a while?  What do you do?  I stick it in a tree.   Guy has a field car, probably given to him by his grandmother when her husband died.   He just rips around fields and woods dogging the **** out of it.  Why do you need doors?

He was probably cutting firewood for some bonfire party and went to go get beer.  Where do you stick your axe?  In your roof of course.

I miss the old days when I might have done something like this... On the upside, just a couple more years till I'll be able to pass myself off as eccentric...fun times ahead.

3 minutes ago, JaseB said:

It's really not hard to imagine.  You ever been in the woods cutting trees with an axe and want to put it down for a while?  What do you do?  I stick it in a tree.   Guy has a field car, probably given to him by his grandmother when her husband died.   He just rips around fields and woods dogging the **** out of it.  Why do you need doors?

He was probably cutting firewood for some bonfire party and went to go get beer.  Where do you stick your axe?  In your roof of course.

I didn't know there was laws about not having doors and ****.  I see it fairly often.  

Just now, TimS said:

Probably...but there's gotta be more... yer Lincoln just don't end up with with no doors, no windshield, covered in mud with an ax stuck in the roof :read:

Something tells me the axe in the roof came sometime after the removal of the doors, right after the need to remove the glass with the axe, which was probably shortly after the explanation for the mud. The Lincoln hood ornament is missing as well. 

Edited by FunkyBunker

Just now, ChumSlickJon said:

I didn't know there was laws about not having doors and ****.  I see it fairly often.  

Probably their first time seeing it on a Towncar.