Steve in Mass

* Acupuncture?

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

Well, keep it at least somewhat * anyway....... ;)

Anyone ever been, an what were they results?

For over a month now, I have been dealing with pretty bad sciatic pain on my left side/ Learned the hard way that a 40 lb bags of topsoil doesn't weight 40 pounds when soaking wet.... :o  The lower back muscle strain has long since healed, but I must have done something else that is pinching the sciatic nerve.

Did a massage, no help, went to a chiropractor, he cracked my back and used the "beater massage all over my back and such, no help. Went back to the massage therapist for 2 sessions of Myofacial Release, helped a bit for awhile, but not for long.

Last Thursday went back to the chiropractor to put my sacroiliac joint back in place, which he did, but it made it worse.:(

Thursday and Friday night, could get comfortable enough to sleep at all, Saturday slept a bit (maybe 90 minutes total), finally last night got about 5 hours, but still can't stand very long and I walk like a question mark, More than 3-4 minutes standing erect and I am in agonizing pain.

Soooo..............I have a appt. for an acupuncture treatment Thursday afternoon (earliest I could get), My sister who is a nurse says her friend's husband had a similar ailment, and after one treatment was 50% better, and after 3 treatments, was perfect.

Anyone here done this, and how did it turn out?

Thanks.

I have never done anything with my back and I really haven't had any issues. I do know a ton of people who have had issues. A lot of them say that Rolfing and inversion we're major contributors towards relief or healing. Back pain sucks. Good luck. 

I have a good friend who is a doctor of Chinese medicine, acupuncturist and massage therapist. When she was studying I let her pin cushion me. Bear in mind that my problems are probably very different from your problems but it always had a pretty dramatic improvement over just massage when I was truly beaten down. My issues are always just muscular from overdoing it and result in strains & knots. Needles kill the knots almost immediately and massage calms the strains and is good for maintanence. No comment on chiro's because I think it's quackery (altho i know people have mixed results) and I've never gone. 

My friend claims acunpunture is the answer to pretty much everything nerve & muscle related and I kind of believe her but you should be going to a good place and decide for yourself. Results matter, immediate results and you should not be strung along by the promise of eventual relief. Post or send me the name if you want me to have her research

Oldest documented science on the planet and they take good notes. Most of this stuff was trial & error on emporers or people of privilege & power so it either worked or you got executed and erased. It's pretty interesting but I glaze over & ask for a happy ending, not recommended 

I was getting it done for a while,  I was going for my back and neck, always getting knotted up, and like Otter said it seems like the knots would shrink after a session. I don't think it was going to cure any long term issue, but it definitely provided some instant relief. 

Just now, Billybob said:

Are you going to the same one as the sister's friend?

If it worked for him, it should be worth a shot.

He could of saved lots of bits & bytes huh

well that too, but has any of the crazy stuff that they've been doing since the dinosaurs over there been disproven... I don't think so.

these people invented the sneeze for Christ's sake (long A!).

The guy I was going to is from South Korea, pleasent little fellow. Even gave me some home made teas that were supposed to cure my allergies, it didn't work lol