bob jones

Hand Carved Minnows

10 posts in this topic

Hi Bob - Those are really impressive plugs. I recall seeing a Musso handcarve minnow that had a metal lip and a similar shape. I'm not saying these are his plugs, but the work appears to rival his. Did you ever fish them or others that you have from these builders? I have always been impressed by the work of folks who did such a great job of creating their own Finnish style swimmers that appeared to have their roots with Rapala and/or Rebel/Red Fin/Hellcat. 

Dave

9 hours ago, Dave Peros said:

Hi Bob - Those are really impressive plugs. I recall seeing a Musso handcarve minnow that had a metal lip and a similar shape. I'm not saying these are his plugs, but the work appears to rival his. Did you ever fish them or others that you have from these builders? I have always been impressed by the work of folks who did such a great job of creating their own Finnish style swimmers that appeared to have their roots with Rapala and/or Rebel/Red Fin/Hellcat. 

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes. I fished them. A friend made me about 20 of them, 20+ years ago. We were into 30#+ bass and gorilla blues on the backside of one of the local inlets. These were the ticket. I'm just thinning out the herd a little bit. Share the wealth. They are very similar to the one's that Don makes. Now, the ones that Don makes have a chamber inside that contains bb's which move similar to a mag darter. The wheels keep turning. B

Edited by bob jones