Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight771

Obama And The Boy Scouts

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

So, much screaming and yelling about Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts by the left.  Is anyone surprised?  Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and the left would be crying about all the medical people he has put out of work.

But my question is, why, in the eight years the failed Messiah was President, didn't he give one speech to any Boy Scout gathering anywhere??  He did send a taped message for their 100th anniversary but did not find the time for one personal visit or speech.  Why??

Every President since FDR (except for JFK) personally addressed the BSA.  Every one.  But not Obama.  Eight years??  Why liberals?  Was it just an oversight or something more?? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 minutes ago, Knight771 said:

Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and the left would be 

why is it that when someone wants to defend the indefensible they always pretend they cured cancer?

no Knight, he didn't do something good,

he gave a partisan political rally to children.

let's focus on reality.

Edited by fish'nmagician

3 minutes ago, Knight771 said:

So, much screaming and yelling about Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts by the left.  Is anyone surprised?  Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and the left would be crying about all the medical people he has put out of work.

But my question is, why, in the eight years the failed Messiah was President, didn't he give one speech to any Boy Scout gathering anywhere??  He did send a taped message for their 100th anniversary but did not find the time for one personal visit or speech.  Why??

Every President since FDR (except for JFK) personally addressed the BSA.  Every one.  But not Obama.  Eight years??  Why liberals?  Was it just an oversight or something more?? 

he didnt come to watch any of my nephews soccer games either-so not the boy scouts are an organization that the president needs to meet? Are they as important as the United Nations? Did the speech to these kids  benefit them hearing our press is fake, our justice department is weak our intelligence dept is faulty and the current president is stating his opponent should be in jail-yeah great speech for "the kids"

I actually think it's Great that a President would address a Boy Scout jamboree,

but the message is important,

self aggrandizing, lashing out at political opponents, and having a strongly partisan message does NOT belong in an address to children,

Republicans should rebuke him for this performance.

not defend it.

2 minutes ago, superstriper said:

he didnt come to watch any of my nephews soccer games either-so not the boy scouts are an organization that the president needs to meet? Are they as important as the United Nations? Did the speech to these kids  benefit them hearing our press is fake, our justice department is weak our intelligence dept is faulty and the current president is stating his opponent should be in jail-yeah great speech for "the kids"

So the POTUS shouldnt meet with the Boy or Girl Scouts.   Despite all but (JFK and BHO) having done so, this isnt something that's a positive, good opportunity to address legions of future leaders.   

You have an argument (maybe) that the current POTUS fumbled parts of his speech, but I fail to see the justification for deciding NOT to attend and address th e scouts.   

Just now, 55555s said:

that the current POTUS fumbled parts of his speech,

I'm sure he doesn't view it that way,

Trump expressed a desire to have military parades,

I'm sure a Trump's youth chanting WE LOVE TRUMP is something he would encourage.

1 minute ago, 55555s said:

So the POTUS shouldnt meet with the Boy or Girl Scouts.   Despite all but (JFK and BHO) having done so, this isnt something that's a positive, good opportunity to address legions of future leaders.   

You have an argument (maybe) that the current POTUS fumbled parts of his speech, but I fail to see the justification for deciding NOT to attend and address th e scouts.   

you want me to to post the pic of obama meeting a boy scout in his uniform? happy to do it

I dont know for sure, but I would imagine that Obama stayed away from supporting the BSA by attending one of their rally's because of the Controversial policies of the BSA. 

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and, until January 2014, prohibited all "known or avowed homosexuals",[1] from membership in its Scouting program. The ban on adults who are "open or avowed homosexuals"[2] from leadership positions was lifted in July 2015.[3] Prior to these policy changes, BSA had denied or revoked membership status or leadership positions for violation of these foundational principles. The BSA had contended that its policies were essential in its mission to instill in young people the values of the Scout Promise, or Oath, and Scout Law.[1][4]

maybe that is why????  

why would an organization whose goal is teach young men to be "good citizens" with an amazing credo not be inclusive of Gay men as leaders and people who are agnostic or atheist?  what does one have to do with another??  

7 minutes ago, 55555s said:

how terrible of him he just invited a bunch of them to actually meet him at the white house....

2 minutes ago, superstriper said:

you want me to to post the pic of obama meeting a boy scout in his uniform? happy to do it

8e7a8e6246e36042ca9218f3ac248f2d.jpg\

10838494_397686190390759_659126653_n_4x3

Yep, he got in the photo op.  You are correct.   

If Obama couldn't subscribe to the BSA charter, why did he invite a token Boy Scout to the White House for a photo session, other than to evidence the height of his hypocrisy.

I criticized obama when he deserved it and I'll criticize this president too.

Obama didn't give a speech to boy scouts because he didn't care about them.  They Mostly  represented Christian values and fly over country white kids.

Trump did speak to them but sounded like a fool.

They can all suck at times knight.  Its not an either / or thing.  

Is it alright if I just have high standards for the person that holds the office of the president regardless of party?