Stoneyfisher

Penn fierce 2 upgradea

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:30 AM, Stoneyfisher said:

So i have the 4000 and a 8000LL that i want to do upgrades on. Besides the drag what should i get

I wouldn't waste my money on upgrading that reel personally. It's a goodstarter/budget reel, but I'd put money into a better made product like a Spinfisher LL, Shimano Baitrunner, Shimano Thunnus, etc. Those better made reels have better gears, better bearings, better components in general.

If you sit and upgrade gears, bearings, etc in that Fiece, you'll be in almost $50. I'd save/reinvest that money into a reel if/when that Fierce craps out.

1 hour ago, TopwaterPete said:

I wouldn't waste my money on upgrading that reel personally. It's a goodstarter/budget reel, but I'd put money into a better made product like a Spinfisher LL, Shimano Baitrunner, Shimano Thunnus, etc. Those better made reels have better gears, better bearings, better components in general.

If you sit and upgrade gears, bearings, etc in that Fiece, you'll be in almost $50. I'd save/reinvest that money into a reel if/when that Fierce craps out.

Essentially there are no upgrades for that reel. Changing the drag out to HT100's is a good move. That's easy, simple and cheap. The stock shielded bearing while not sealed are fine bearings and I would not strip the reel down to change them needlessly. The Fierce2  is a solid reel in stock form. With proper care it will last a very long time. I'm partial to the Battle 2 for a tad more money you get the HT, sealed bearings and all metal construction. I think it's a better over all value but I don't think the Fierce 2 is inferior at all. I can keep either running a very long time with a little care and maintenance.