Followers 0
Flybyme

Fed . Judge allows Voter Data Collection

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well that was easy..........

Judge allows Trump's voter fraud commission to continue collecting state data

by Ariella Phillips | Jul 24, 2017, 8:15 PM  Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article Share on LinkedIn
It is another court win for the commission. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

A federal judge ruled Monday that President Trump's voter fraud commission may continue collecting state voter information.

U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly denied a watchdog group's request to halt the collection of voter registration information from 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Electronic Privacy Information Center, a nonprofit focused on privacy rights, sought to prohibit further collection of information and asked the commission to "delete and disgorge any voter roll data already collected or hereafter received."

It is another court win for the commission, which is headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach. Kollar-Kotelly previously denied an injunction sought by the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law to open a July 19 meeting to anyone who would like to attend.

Kobach has asked every state and the District of Columbia for voter registration data including the names, addresses, birthdays, the last four digits of Social Security numbers if they are available, voter history and other personal information. Numerous states have at least partially denied the request.

IMG_0865.JPG

Edited by TimS
Please, when you paste stuff here, right click and choose "PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT" - there's a thread at the top of the forum explaining this as well :-)

There are numerous accounts of voter fraud. They uncovered over 7,000 cases of double voting in 21 states recently. Those are just the ones they could get data for, as many other states flat out refuse to participate. I wonder why......hmmmmmm.

I suspect many more than this are double voting. College students attending classes in another state can vote locally, and request an absentee ballot from their home town. Get out the vote groups that live near a state border area. Currently there is no system for checking the roles of one state against another. I think there should be a way to verify the legality of all votes.

Seems pretty basic to me. I thought ferreting out cheats was what the supervisors were supposed to be doing.

I just got to mention one more time. In Philadelphia, Mitt Romney got zero votes in 52 precincts. A statistical improbability, and right before our eyes.

What a crazy though, a federal commission would check to see if voting is actually valid. They must be really nuts to come up with this out of the world idea.............. Sounds like the governments job, laid it out simple for all the Nay  Sayers................

Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth if the Democrats cheated, and still lost?

If so, I would imagine they will stay true to form and decide the reason they lost is because they did not cheat enough.

6 hours ago, FishinMortician said:

There are numerous accounts of voter fraud. They uncovered over 7,000 cases of double voting in 21 states recently. Those are just the ones they could get data for, as many other states flat out refuse to participate. I wonder why......hmmmmmm.

I suspect many more than this are double voting. College students attending classes in another state can vote locally, and request an absentee ballot from their home town. Get out the vote groups that live near a state border area. Currently there is no system for checking the roles of one state against another. I think there should be a way to verify the legality of all votes.

Seems pretty basic to me. I thought ferreting out cheats was what the supervisors were supposed to be doing.

I just got to mention one more time. In Philadelphia, Mitt Romney got zero votes in 52 precincts. A statistical improbability, and right before our eyes.

Many states own laws prohibit sharing that information including Pence's own state. No voodoo here fish.....

Time to lay this voting shibboleth to rest.

Clean up the rolls, put in place procedures to keep them clean, jail a few voter scofflaws as a deterrent.

Isn't everyone sick of the whining from both sides about voter fraud?

The easy solution is to get the rolls verified, fix any anomalies, then shut the f*** up, and get on with it.

15 hours ago, Flybyme said:

Well that was easy..........

Judge allows Trump's voter fraud commission to continue collecting state data

Ariella Phillips | Jul 24, 2017, 8:15 PM  It is another court win for the commission. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

A federal judge ruled Monday that President Trump's voter fraud commission may continue collecting state voter information.

U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly denied a watchdog group's request to halt the collection of voter registration information from 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Electronic Privacy Information Center, a nonprofit focused on privacy rights, sought to prohibit further collection of information and asked the commission to "delete and disgorge any voter roll data already collected or hereafter received."

It is another court win for the commission, which is headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach. Kollar-Kotelly previously denied an injunction sought by the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law to open a July 19 meeting to anyone who would like to attend.

Kobach has asked every state and the District of Columbia for voter registration data including the names, addresses, birthdays, the last four digits of Social Security numbers if they are available, voter history and other personal information. Numerous states have at least partially denied the request.

IMG_0865.JPG

Actually what she said is they can collect data that is currently available to the public, I don't believe any state objected to that, some did ask the commission to pay the normal fees associated with disbursement of the data .

States are still not turning over data they consider private

While I support state's rights to ensure fair and accessible elections, I do not support the federal government forcing states to turn over private voter information if that state has laws protecting this information.

Like what, if you are registered in the state and have voted in the past? In India when you vote a dye is stained into your hand which stays on you for 3 days, so you can't vote twice. 

8 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Many states own laws prohibit sharing that information including Pence's own state. No voodoo here fish.....

What private information ?

Name, address, social security number, place of birth, date of birth, father's name, mother's name, including maiden name, income, number of dependents, and their info, .....probably also email passwords, private phone conversations, and if you send money to a candidate, bureaucrats know your shoe size.

If it could be shown that the GOP was cheating enough to influence an outcome, by producing illegal votes, we all realize that something would need to be done then. Currently, we all know that is not the case, exactly because everything is fine as it is with the Democrats.The Democrats are resisting any studies examining illegal voting. Why wouldn't anyone be interested in voter fraud, unless they already knew the extent. Why don't they also have a fear of being cheated ? Hmmmmm

Let's us have a look see, then we will know finally  if Trump lied- right ?

15 hours ago, FishinMortician said:

7,000 cases of voter fraud, or of duplicated registrations?  I think it's the latter. 

Sec. Kobach's diligence in hunting for illegal voters in Kansas has resulted, I think, in one conviction and seven identifiable cases of voter fraud.  All of them were befuddled senior citizens.