albacized

San Antonio and that truck full of undocumented

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

I believe that if I am hauling 'shine in the trunk of my rambler...

and if I get stopped and the cops find it...

and I say "hey I didn't know that was in the trunk"...

I believe I am guilty of breaking the law.

33 minutes ago, hamlet said:

I believe that if I am hauling 'shine in the trunk of my rambler...

and if I get stopped and the cops find it...

and I say "hey I didn't know that was in the trunk"...

I believe I am guilty of breaking the law.

Are trailers different?

If you are a driver, do you load the trailer, or do you just grab the right one off a lot, hook up, and drive away?

This isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last. Happens down there every year. Kinda makes one wonder how many trailer loads make it through in cooler weather

1 hour ago, albacized said:

No threads on this case yet?????? Anyone here believe the driver's story of not knowing what was in his load?

No, not remotely a chance in hell he didn't know what he was hauling. He's looking at a charge of murder by depraved indifference, or the Texas equivalent thereof. 

I keep hearing how the illegal aliens have not committed any crimes. Seems to me that hiding in a trailer is pretty much an admission that they know they are committing crimes. The whole mess stinks. They find a way to sneak in, then obtain falsified documents by committing perjury, which is commonplace now, then they cheat the laws regarding employment, obtain welfare benefits by lying about their employment, get drivers licenses, and we get to feel sorry for them when one of their schemes go bad.

We should be posting fliers all up and down the so called border, warning illegal aliens not to try to hide themselves from law enforcement.

I would think, the driver, would have to know what the manifest of that trailer was! I don't buy the I didn't know what was in there. 

Also, I'd have to guess, there was SOME noise and smell. 

34 minutes ago, Markushook said:

I would think, the driver, would have to know what the manifest of that trailer was! I don't buy the I didn't know what was in there. 

Also, I'd have to guess, there was SOME noise and smell. 

The lading papers would not say "A bunch of illegal aliens to clean rich liberal's bathrooms".

And it actually is possible he never knew.  Unlikely as hell, but possible.

I know we have a few members here that were counting on these people to make it through the trip so they could get started on some landscaping and boat cleaning work.  

Damn shame.  Load up another truck. 

Grass isn't gonna cut itself

6 minutes ago, Little said:

The lading papers would not say "A bunch of illegal aliens to clean rich liberal's bathrooms".

And it actually is possible he never knew.  Unlikely as hell, but possible.

I understand that.

I'm not a trucker, but, aren't they supposed to look in the trailer? 

6 minutes ago, Markushook said:

I understand that.

Not really no.  From my days of hiring trucks.  Its one of those sets of laws that is shady enough that you can go either way, but the contents of that trailer are more or less the responsibility of them that loaded it and own it.

43 minutes ago, Markushook said:

I understand that.

I used to work weekends on the loading dock at Helm's trucking, while going to school. Once the trailer is loaded a metal tag is put on the lock, not to be broken until it reaches its destination. If this truck came from a ligit trucking terminal, which is highly unlikely.

Don't know what they do when crossing the border.

Edited by Riverboat33