Adam-_888

Deepwater Fluke Jigging Rod

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I am looking for a rod to jig 6-10 oz for fluke and sea bass. I currently have a jigging world ghost hunter that is too stiff and a cheap ugly stick tiger that works but is noisy. Mostly use 8 oz . 

You don;t want too soft for deep jigging that weight. Ghost hunter, heavier one, sounds right. I have the lighter one and it's no good for that. Tip loads, jig doesn't move much.

That ghost hunter is stiff and powerful just has no flex ,it is acid wrapped . Located in RI . I wouldn't mind something with a little flex to it. Looking at the other JW rod Black demon MH because it's length may make the jigging easier. Fishing 60-90 ft with 8 oz .

I have the JW Black widow 150c. Works great for up 6oz but starts to flex with an 8oz.  I want to pick up the 200c Black widow soon.

I like the Black Demon also. Similar feeling rod but the black widow has a longer rear which tucked nicely under my arm

18 hours ago, Adam-_888 said:

That ghost hunter is stiff and powerful just has no flex ,it is acid wrapped . Located in RI . I wouldn't mind something with a little flex to it. Looking at the other JW rod Black demon MH because it's length may make the jigging easier. Fishing 60-90 ft with 8 oz .

2 hours ago, usctom said:

I have the JW Black widow 150c. Works great for up 6oz but starts to flex with an 8oz.  I want to pick up the 200c Black widow soon.

I like the Black Demon also. Similar feeling rod but the black widow has a longer rear which tucked nicely under my arm

I have that rod and agree but I think mine flexs a bit more than I want with 6 oz

Used my 150c yesterday. I wasn't happy with the action with 4 oz. Tip is too soft for me. I like fast short jig movement. The rod is for slow jigging.