Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iphish

The 2017 NY Jets

Rate this topic

248 posts in this topic

When is open mic night for who to keep....Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson......Might need some chicken wire for the stage.   

They're the Jets - they'll manage to win just enough games to blow a good position in the draft.

That does it, we need to start a pool of the jets 2017 season. What questions can we add to the ones below??? $10 per man?

1) season record

2) Points for vs points against

3) how many regular season games  will be played before the 1st QB change

4) same question above 2nd QB change

Horrible schedule.  I can see them going through all three QBs during the course of this season.  Going to be ugly.  Hopefully the newspapers cut them and Tard Bowls some slack.  We all know the season will be a dumpster full of burning tires so let's not have any sort of expectations.

Last years schedule was worse (worst I've ever seen)

Is it just me or do the Jets friggen ALWAYS have to play the Raiders in Oakland ? 

I kind of feel sorry for them, all or most of their talent is gone, no identifiable leader in the whole roster, there maybe a couple of rookies that have no chance to really show their talent due to revolving door of 3 and outs. Worse is some will get hurt trying to hard.

On the coaching side, will "Bowels" be able to keep his head on straight with out the deer in the headlight looks,dumb plays and mismanage game clocks and time outs? Thats all on him coaching.

They're a good candidate to go 0 - 16 this year.  If they find some people who will play hard even in a tough season, especially late in games and late in the season, that'll be as much as one can ask. We'll see how good a motivator Bowles is. 

Mets fans extend pity to Jets fans.

I'm not so sure about that - a young head coach takes time to mature the same as a player. To let him go after a season with this team and it dearth of talent (in some spots) and experience (in more spots) wouldn't be fair.

I'm not saying Bowles will ever be near these guys.... but look at Belichick with Cleveland and remember the Jets own history, letting Pete Carroll go for Richie Kotite, they weren't very good coaches at the time but they became great. None of us know if that could be the same situation with Bowles, but it would be nice to know before he goes elsewhere and makes the Jets look like idiots (again)

I'd like to give him two more seasons, this one and the next to see how he does bringing these kids up and turning them into a team. 

Edited by Sudsy