iphish

2017 NFL record projections

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

USA today took our very own Stripers on line "J" advice and has the Pats going 16-0, even mentions 19-0.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/07/24/nfl-record-projections-predictions-patriots-cowboys-raiders-steelers/500328001/ 

other notables Jets 1- 15 almost a perfect season.

Dallas 11-5 

Giants 10-6

Eagles 9-7

Skins 5-11

Pittsburg 12-4

Seatle  11-5

Packrs 12-4

Falcons 12-4 assuming no hangover fall out from the superbowl loss

broncos 7-9

what say you?

What a contradicting write up for the Patriots' season.  He says "The division should be a cakewalk" and then says that the most difficult stretch will be games in Buffalo, Miami, and Pittsburgh.  Well, which is it?  Two of those three games are in the division that is supposed to be a cakewalk. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

winning the division  should be a cake walk,,,,Maybe is what he meant?

or are those last 3 games away?

Edited by iphish

I think its crazy to predict records.. one QB goes down and the season is ruined for most teams.. Ill say this, Im as excited for this years NY Giants team for the 1st time in a VERY long time.. this is the first year I think that the Giants Defense can be outstanding.. I haven't felt this about a NYG defense since the late 80's/ Early 90's.. If that defense stays healthy and grows from last year, the Giants can and should go deep in the playoffs. Of course if the QB goes down or a couple injuries on the offensive side, that all changes.. we shall see.. 

Camp opens today! best time of the year IMO

^^^ NYG D does look solid. Offense could be solid if O line can click enough to have an "attitude", you have to have an attitude. TE we picked up is a tweener, I wish we had a banger instead. If Vereen could possibly stay healthy it would open up playbook. Did we ever get a fullback/blocking back?  If  Beckman can grow up enough to play team ball not ME ball and along with the rest of G receivers, they could give opposing secondaries nightmares.

2 hours ago, Cascade said:

^^^ NYG D does look solid. Offense could be solid if O line can click enough to have an "attitude", you have to have an attitude. TE we picked up is a tweener, I wish we had a banger instead. If Vereen could possibly stay healthy it would open up playbook. Did we ever get a fullback/blocking back?  If  Beckman can grow up enough to play team ball not ME ball and along with the rest of G receivers, they could give opposing secondaries nightmares.

Can they put up 30+?...The way the rules are written now, seams to be the common denominator for solid teams.

3 hours ago, big country said:

Im as excited for this years NY Giants team for the 1st time in a VERY long time.. 

this never ends well.  take it back

4 hours ago, Cascade said:

Beckham is a manchild , and be damn happy he's in blue. Giants have a certifiable wide out rooster for sure. So what?

Between Beckham and Marshall, being a DB in the league got a whole lot harder. Then there's Shepherd (rookie last year?)

They're not to shabby. Eli has nothing to prove.

My team should have your teams problems.

Eh...... is there an application I would have to fill out for consideration to become a Gant fan?

15 hours ago, Cascade said:

The Giants did sign a GREAT "banger" TE, probably the best blocking TE in the NFL from Minnesota, Rhett Ellison. supposedly, the plan is to play him at H-back and as a traditional TE. Flowers can take a step forward and not look absolutely lost out there at LT, and someone can make an impact on the right side, this could be good.. they have alot of weapons.. we'll see

12 hours ago, gobigblue said:

this never ends well.  take it back

your 100% right and I wanted to write that, I take it back.. 

18 hours ago, bunker86 said:

Beckham is a manchild , and be damn happy he's in blue. Giants have a certifiable wide out rooster for sure. So what?

Between Beckham and Marshall, being a DB in the league got a whole lot harder. Then there's Shepherd (rookie last year?)Eh...... is there an application I would have to fill out for consideration to becom

OBJ a announced yesterday that he wants  to be the highest paid player in the NFL period. This year is 2mill, then 5Mill and thee last year of his contract is 8 mill. The current highest player is signed for 5 years 125 mill.

I hope the Giants get what they can for 3 more seasons out of him

Three years is a looooong time. And, I'm sure the NFL safeties are just waiting for " The Shot".

Anyway, the Giants will cut him loose then due to the enormous looming QB problem.

Just like a lot of teams.

Giants look very good. (on paper)

1 hour ago, bunker86 said:

Three years is a looooong time. And, I'm sure the NFL safeties are just waiting for " The Shot".

Anyway, the Giants will cut him loose then due to the enormous looming QB problem.

Just like a lot of teams.

Giants look very good. (on paper)

I think they'll beat Dallas overall. 

also its not really 3 years for OBJ, this year and next, Ownership wouldn't want to go into the final year ( 8 mill) if they were going to trade him eventually, JMO

Could be. But they do have a knack of finding All Pro receivers fairly regularly.

Dallas will be exposed. Everyone is putting Elliot in the HOF already, just like Murray.

ANY problems with that OL, Dallas is done. Tough schedule also.