Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

Obama's Russian Reset

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Where was the outrage from the left back then?

Remember the I'll have more flexibility after the election comment?

What was Obama doing then that Trump is not doing now?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh, ho ho ho.  I sense a severe need to Change The Subject (Russian).

Obama was hoping for the same thing that President Trump seems, in his more lucid moments, to want: better relations with Russia.  Alas, Putin follows classic Leninist principles in dealing with other nations. "Probe with steel. When you encounter mush, proceed.  When you encounter resistance, withdraw."  Obama, being unwilling to accommodate Russian expansionism, was obliged to protect the West, oppose the destabilization of Ukraine, the creation of fake states like Transdneistria (sp?) and so on. 

Whereas President Trump gets all mushy when Putin comes up. He didn't like the sanctions in place when he was campaigning; he'll like the new ones no better. The sheer brutality that underlies Putin's smooth appearance appeals to him, I think: bully to bully, there's a certain perceived commonality, albeit Trump totally lacks Putin's sense of national interest, or his grasp of other nation's politics. Alas for us.   

Edited by BrianBM

Just now, BrianBM said:

Oh, ho ho ho.  I sense a severe need to Change The Subject (Russian).

I sense a severe need to hurl poo at the wall desperately hoping that something, anything might actually stick.

It's as if millions of people suddenly lost their collective minds.

Just now, BrianBM said:

I have only five or six personalities, so clearly you're not referring to me.   :p

C'mon now.

I know there's a poo flinger just waitin to come out.    :D

15 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

Obama, being unwilling to accommodate Russian expansionism, was obliged to protect the West, oppose the destabilization of Ukraine, the creation of fake states like Transdneistria (sp?) and so on. 

You really can't be serious on this...

1 minute ago, splions said:

You really can't be serious on this...

Of course he is serious, are Brian is the Honorary Keeper and Expounder of Every Obscure Political Conspiracy since the left proved Bush's antecedents were simian.

Ask him nicely and he'll provide a photo from his repository.

14 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Obama, being unwilling to accommodate Russian expansionism, was obliged to protect the West, oppose the destabilization of Ukraine, the creation of fake states like Transdneistria (sp?) and so on. 

Are you effn kidding me with this statement? Trump is mushy? 

Did he protect the Ukraine? No

Did he protect Crimea? No

Lets not forget, one, (Obama) draws red lines, then does nothing. The other, (Trump), drops bombs when lines are crossed.