Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheech

Hudson river low tide mud strikes again.

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking the rental agent that set them up should have -or- should be warning people of this, (maybe they did, who knows)

Not exactly sure how the rescuers were notified, gotta imagine these women had a cell with them, they did say something about a locals drone that led them to the site.

So had there been no phone or no drone this could have been an entirely different outcome. doesn't say if they tried to walk out it, if they did they wont get too far......

So here's the scenario;

You're stuck in the mud up to your waist with no way to contact anyone,  no one knows you're there except the rental agent waiting on you to return his kayak, next thing that's eventually gonna happen is the water will start to rise again.........  will you be able to free your self from the mud before its too late?

idk, i don't want to think about it.......

Shuddering flashback to my black goo incident in the Sound...by far my worst experience in the yak (maybe out of it too), and I was only 5 yards from firm ground. A clean flip is much preferred, even with loss of gear. Waist high mud? stuff of nightmares.