Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeM58

40 Year High School Reunion

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Had my 40 year high school reunion.  Man, those people are getting old!  It's funny to me how the people who are aging the best are the ones who moved away (Cortland, NY is my hometown.  A little south of Syracuse).  Good folks though, and I had some laughs.  Very sad to find out how many have passed away from my class though.  I knew of a couple, but it turns out to be 22 out of a class of around 400, with a few others just hanging on.

Edited by MikeM58

Hey Mike, mine is this November. The last one we had was our 15th back in 1993 so I imagine we all look quite different. I'm pretty sure we lost about 20-25 classmates as well but our class was only about 110.  

I havent been to any of mine and truth told i dont know how many they have actually had.  2015 would have been 30 years.  Its been forever since i got ine of those mailers from the reunion company.

Every communication done now is through FB. The biggest problem so far is that a lot of our generation is not on it so there is no way to track them down.

4 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

what is "seals favorite thing to hear" for $500, Alex.

What is ......."You have mail from Jerry Sandusky!"

5 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

you graduated HS the year I was born

First time i contimplated my age was when i wrote car ins for a clients kid who was born when i graduated.  I actually remembered when the kid was born.

9 minutes ago, Firinne said:

Hey Mike, mine is this November. The last one we had was our 15th back in 1993 so I imagine we all look quite different. I'm pretty sure we lost about 20-25 classmates as well but our class was only about 110.  

Damn boB, that's a lot out of 110. My 40th is coming up in a few weeks but we have a wedding to go to same date. Ironically the wedding is for a classmates daughter and there will be about 5 of us from the class that can't make it. Now you guys got me thinking how many people we have lost out of 275. 

1 minute ago, Eagles Dare said:

A couple of years away from mine. Last one I went to was the 25th.

Only around 50 in my class so we're lucky if we get 20-25 to show up.  

And I thought we were small. My HS wound up combining with 2 other area HS to make one bigger school about 3 years after I graduated. That had to be a strange situation because they were rival schools at the time. Did that happen with your school ED?

27 minutes ago, Firinne said:

Wow Bob, that is a lot.