jimmythe bee

SEO ranking for websites-is it really DIY

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been thinking of getting a website to drum up more work,the last one i had was useless as it was lost in the billions of other sites.

i've looked at some SEO tutorials ,the skill needed to DIY is way beyond my capabilities .has anyone here done it before,getting to the first or second page on google would be the goal.

there is not much competition in my field, so it seems worth a shot.

Edited by jimmythe bee

I went that route with my construction company. Forget about people finding you with a search engine as you're competing against big companies paying megabux to search optimization companies. You'll be lucky to get on page 25. That said, it's still worth it to have your own website but you'll need to help clients get there with advertising that includes your web address. This would include yellow pages, Craigs list, local papers, road signs, ect. 

3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

what do you do? Ever try google ad words?

i do auto interiors repairs,i have little competion on the internet,most competitors go from dealer to dealer selling.i'd like to work for the private sector,instead of wholesale.

It all depends on what keywords you're competing in. If you can make your site a resource for others, and get a bunch of people always referring back to you for information, it's a whole lot easier. That said, certain keywords and such are ridiculously hard to rank on and take a lot of money and resources. My wife works for one of the top SEO companies, and some of their clients are in the $100K/month range on top of the 10-20 in house SEO staff they already have working full time on ranking. A web presence, even without ranking, I would say still makes the company look more professional. Make sure to add yourself to google places and other business directories to be listed as well.