Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColinF

Bass Depression

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

After lurking on here for a little while I finally decided to join, as from what I can see this site is full of striper addicts like myself. Like many of you I've spent countless time, money, and effort into pursuing these awesome fish. While I enjoy fluke fishing in in the summer, it's just not the same...especially with our below average fishing this summer in NJ. Reading some of the old threads on here really add to the mid summer bass depression! Can't wait for fall and the return of migratory stripers to our waters. Hopefully it lives up the the past couple years. Anyone else feeling it??

Why wait for the fall?  Take a 5 hour drive to Gloucester and Rockport MA and go pencil popper happy along all the rocks and whitewater.  You can camp out at Winter Island in Salem MA and there is good fishing around there at night and right out to Marblehead.  Fish as far south as Winthrop.  We are not like New Jersey up here, plenty of access.  Then on the way back to Jersey stop in at the Canal and see what's up.  That's how you deal with bass depression then waiting for the over rated Fall.  Why not slam large in the warm air?

5 minutes ago, The Riddler said:

Why wait for the fall?  Take a 5 hour drive to Gloucester and Rockport MA and go pencil popper happy along all the rocks and whitewater.  You can camp out at Winter Island in Salem MA and there is good fishing around there at night and right out to Marblehead.  Fish as far south as Winthrop.  We are not like New Jersey up here, plenty of access.  Then on the way back to Jersey stop in at the Canal and see what's up.  That's how you deal with bass depression then waiting for the over rated Fall.  Why not slam large in the warm air?

Riddler,

Thanks for the info! I've actually been thinking about planning a trip up that way for the near future. Always wanted to fish the area

11 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Now I am jealous ! Ishould have such issues