Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottO

Finally some snook

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Gotta find a place top upload pictures to, but this recent 3 week trip was great on snook.  Took two over slot, one from a boat and one from the yak.  The one from the yak dragged me right into the mosquito infested mangroves but a hell of a fight!  Additionally I got an over slot Manatee.  Got dragged about 4 minutes before I was able to pull the hook.  Probably was doing 7 knots on the yak!

1 hour ago, ScottO said:

Gotta find a place top upload pictures to, but this recent 3 week trip was great on snook.  Took two over slot, one from a boat and one from the yak.  The one from the yak dragged me right into the mosquito infested mangroves but a hell of a fight!  Additionally I got an over slot Manatee.  Got dragged about 4 minutes before I was able to pull the hook.  Probably was doing 7 knots on the yak!

in what general area are you?

Chokoloskee, Florida.  Specifically the bay.  People get there and travels tens of miles south into the glades and the bay is so yak'able.  Couple of paddle strokes and you are into reds, trout, snook, tarpon and sharks.  Gotta know how to fish it though. :)