scoobydoo

How to supertune your reel!!! This mod is legit and simple!!

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

This simple and quick tutorial demystifies the supertuning process of a reel.

The gear sets in this video are from a Daiwa Steez SV TWS, Hobobob's Shimano Antares, and one of my subscribers Abu Garcia Revo MGXTREME 2

These reels are at the top end of the price and performance spectrum.  Yet they all  feel noticeably (i hate saying this) smoother after this treatment

This treatment will benefit not just the high end reels.  Or even just baitcasters.

Any and all reels, freshwater or saltwater.  All can benefit from another 10 minutes and a couple bucks worth of polishing wheels and fabulustre.

Most of today's reels are  smooth.  This takes it to another level!!!

Best part about it.  If or when you do sell your reel. You'll get top dollar selling a supertuned reel vs stock

The links below are SOL Amazon affiliate links.  

Fabulustre polishing compount:  http://amzn.to/2vBXvfe

Fine polishing wheels these seem to hold up the best and yield the best reuslts:  http://amzn.to/2wqCqlC

Edited by scoobydoo

47 minutes ago, 55555s said:

Great stuff!  Thanks for posting.  

No problem...Glad you liked it.  It was fun.

Next up.  How to get max speed from ball bearings and Double their spin times Using high speed impingment. :)

Edited by scoobydoo

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

No problem...Glad you liked it.  It was fun.

Next up.  How to get max speed from ball bearings and Double their spin times Using high speed impingment. :)

Like to see that

Or you could mix a teaspoon of toothpaste with a smidge of grease and a drop of oil. Coat the gears, close the reel up and reel like hell for ten minutes, or hook it up to a drill. Open the reel back up and clean the gears. Repeat if not shiny enough. 

1 hour ago, Sweetwater said:

Or you could mix a teaspoon of toothpaste with a smidge of grease and a drop of oil. Coat the gears, close the reel up and reel like hell for ten minutes, or hook it up to a drill. Open the reel back up and clean the gears. Repeat if not shiny enough. 

For the main and pinion.  I've heard that works.  

But spool shafts, worm gears, ar clutches, brake plates, cosmetic external parts,  you can't really do that.

Plus the visual aspect of seeing that dull part...turn to a mirror once the rouge is removed is gratifying.

I also wouldn't have to worry about toothpaste getting in bearing and having to clean the bearings again.

Also fluoride causes autism........ ;)

2 hours ago, Skuba said:

Must purchase Alex Jones water filters! lol

Gotta breath before you drink water.....gotta buy his lung force  

LMAO

Did you see John Oliver's ripping of alex jones...lol

2 hours ago, Neil Gordon said:

Wow. This something I been curious about. Thanks for the post.

Glad you found hit helpful

On 8/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, scoobydoo said:

Gotta breath before you drink water.....gotta buy his lung force  

LMAO

Did you see John Oliver's ripping of alex jones...lol

Yea, John Oliver is a douche.  I seen a article i skimmed quick yesterday, gotta go back and reAD through it, it said how they sent all those products in to a lab after they taped that episode and were hoping to prove they were all bogus, but the lab results actually concluded they were some of the highest quality ones available haha

1 minute ago, Skuba said:

Yea, John Oliver is a douche.  I seen a article i skimmed quick yesterday, gotta go back and reAD through it, it said how they sent all those products in to a lab after they taped that episode and were hoping to prove they were all bogus, but the lab results actually concluded they were some of the highest quality ones available haha

Oh really...that's pretty crazy!

I almost bought his multi vitamin powder crap.....but compared it to Beyond tangy tangerine....and BTT was higher potency (most potent stuff out there that i"ve seen).