Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stonesipher

More Swampy appoiments from you know who

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Trump expected to nominate top coal lobbyist as EPA deputy administrator

Andrew Wheeler, a top lobbyist for Murray Energy, is expected to be nominated by Trump as EPA receives overhaul.

Despite President Donald Trump and the Republican Party’s legislative struggles, one agency under the Trump administration has quietly made aggressive efforts to efficiently enact its pro-business, anti-science, deregulation agenda — the Environmental Protection Agency.Trump is expected to nominate top coal industry lobbyist, Andrew Wheeler, to be the deputy administrator of the EPA, according to Axios.

Wheeler, currently a principal at the firm Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting, is a lobbyist for the coal giant Murray Energy. Robert Murray is the CEO of Murray Energy and “is close” with Trump, Axios reported. Murray also recently filed a defamation lawsuit against John Oliver, for a segment on his show that was highly critical of the coal company and its practices.

I'm sure this is OK with the trumpets too. More WINNING !!!

I don't think Trump could do anything that would surprise me anymore. From a 2012 article.

The Labor Department says a Thursday settlement in the 2007 Crandall Canyon mine disaster clearly leaves mine owner Murray Energy with "acknowledged responsibility for the failures that led to the tragedy."

"These failures resulted in the needless deaths of nine" miners and rescuers, Solicitor of Labor Patricia Smith says.

But despite company signatures on the settlement document, Murray Energy tells NPR "this settlement is not an admission of any contribution to the August 2007 accidents."

The settlement [PDF] also reduces the Labor Department's initial assessment of $1.639 million in fines for flagrant, reckless and highly negligent violations of mine safety law to $949,351 in penalties.

That's a reduction of more than 40 percent, but it's still the third-largest fine ever levied against a coal company, according to the Mine Safety and Health Administration.

The settlement includes Murray Energy's acceptance of four violations considered "contributory" to two fatal August 2007 mine collapses at Crandall Canyon:

1. Failure to report a "coal outburst" at the mine four days before the first fatal collapse. "The failure to report this accident," MSHA inspectors wrote, "denied MSHA an opportunity to investigate it and learn that the mining methods provided inadequate protections."

2. Two failures in March and August of 2007 to revise the mine's roof control plan after "coal outbursts" and bounces" that "caused substantial damage" showed that the plan "was not adequate or suitable for controlling" the movement and falling of rock.

3. Failure to leave pillars of coal long enough and wide enough to meet safety standards and to hold up the roof of the mine as coal was removed. The pillars "did not provide sufficient strength to withstand stresses," mine inspectors wrote, leading to "sudden and violent failure of the overstressed coal pillars" in the Aug. 6 and Aug. 16 collapses, in which nine miners and rescued were killed....

Earlier this year, a Murray Energy subsidiary pleaded guilty to corporate criminal charges not directly related to the disaster and was fined $500,000. The Justice Department agreed not to seek individual criminal charges against any company officials.

The families of the nine victims of the Crandall Canyon mine disaster settled wrongful death claims three years ago. The settlements include non-disclosure agreements that have kept terms secret.

I'm glad that the lawsuit has been brought.  It invites counterclaims from Oliver, and once the pleadings are exchanged, the consent of the Court will be needed to end it, so Oliver can do lots of discovery.

Those non-disclosure agreements may be subject to discovery by Oliver's lawyers. They might make for fun reading, too. 

3 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

........I'm sure this is OK with the trumpets too. More WINNING !!!

I really don't know anything about this guy, but the simple fact that a coal guy being nominated for a role in the EPA is sure to set Liberal Progressive scalps on fire makes this a win any way you look at it.

A large part of the Trump base would be happy to elect Putin as President so long as he promised to jail Hillary, ban abortion, and protect guns.  

7 hours ago, BrianBM said:

A large part of the Trump base would be happy to elect Putin as President so long as he promised to jail Hillary, ban abortion, and protect guns.  

That's hilarious my friend. I don't know anyone who feels this way. As a matter of fact, no one I know even thinks or gives Hillary Clinton a second thought. 

9 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I really don't know anything about this guy, but the simple fact that a coal guy being nominated for a role in the EPA is sure to set Liberal Progressive scalps on fire makes this a win any way you look at it.

Heres the thing.  People here and elsewhere think that those of us that say this are merely being caustic and rubbing it in to say that.

They dont understand that it real truth!  To piss a liberal off is joyful!  They deserve it.  I dont know if it is being used as a tactic, but it has tactical advantage.  Instead of raising money for the mid terms, a bunch of leftists will piss money away tring to keep this guy from gettin s gig.

Remeber this, dear readers.  EVERY leftist that comes here and complains about this lobbyist would be perfectly happy to have their own lobbyists in there.  Global warming believers, save the transwhale, Al Gore, yada yada yada.

12 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

This would be like a Commercial Fisheries CEO being in charge of Rec. Fisheries and being allowed to set rec limits without much "outside" input. How would that suit you Joe?

2 hours ago, Buckscorider said:

It makes more sense to have someone that understands the industry rather than a hysterical enviro activist. 

That "understanding" comes in the form of an agenda don't forget that.

7 hours ago, jimmy z said:

That's hilarious my friend. I don't know anyone who feels this way. As a matter of fact, no one I know even thinks or gives Hillary Clinton a second thought. 

You see Trumps Tweet this AM??  Hes calling for the Attorney General to investigate Hillary Clinton and her communications with the Russians.. LOL  Seems like everyone, when questioned about Trumps Team and thier dealings with Russia, now brings up Hillary.. She is, by far, the most famous person to EVER lose an election.  this presidency and its surrogates will do anything in their power to keep her in the news as a means of hiding what a horrific job they are doing so far. I dont remember who lost the presidency in most elections.. people will NEVER forget Hillary lost to Trump because Trump brings her up EVERYDAY.. its a sickness. how are you so bad and so insecure that you keep bringing up the person you beat in an election??  two year old..  

35 minutes ago, Stonesipher said:

This would be like a Commercial Fisheries CEO being in charge of Rec. Fisheries and being allowed to set rec limits without much "outside" input. How would that suit you Joe?

It would truly injure my soul and affect my ability to enjoy the life I have built at the shore.  It would bring true distress into my life.

And that is exactly why I rejoice in this move.  I consider the Progressive Left to be an enemy to my way of life, and if political moves can stress them to the point they wind up in mental institutions, BY THE MILLIONS, that would be fine with me.

And yes, I truly mean that.  They are enemies to me, not fellow Americans.

19 hours ago, big country said:

You see Trumps Tweet this AM??  Hes calling for the Attorney General to investigate Hillary Clinton and her communications with the Russians.. LOL  Seems like everyone, when questioned about Trumps Team and thier dealings with Russia, now brings up Hillary.. She is, by far, the most famous person to EVER lose an election.  this presidency and its surrogates will do anything in their power to keep her in the news as a means of hiding what a horrific job they are doing so far. I dont remember who lost the presidency in most elections.. people will NEVER forget Hillary lost to Trump because Trump brings her up EVERYDAY.. its a sickness. how are you so bad and so insecure that you keep bringing up the person you beat in an election??  two year old..  

No, I don't read his Tweets, or anyone's for that matter. Washington DC has become clown town. All sides and all parties are at fault for making DC the way it is today. And the MSM has their role in this mess too

On 7/23/2017 at 11:06 PM, BrianBM said:

Never Putin!  He is too short!  Doesn't speak English and he is welded to Russia.  The income drop would be too expensive. He'd never give up his benefits.  Putin is an abortionist and he would be lying if he said he would protect our Right to bear arms.  

I like your sense of humor!