Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ondarocks

Nauset Heights

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I usually vacation in southern Maine and fish from the rocks up there, been going there for years and do ok. This year the family is changing things up and we're staying in a little cottage near Nauset. Fishing from the beach is a little out of my comfort zone but I've been doing my research. Any way, how's the seals down there this year, I've hear the area can get mung in the water real bad? Is the harbor still a poor choice to fish? I'll be there week after next. Any Intel would be appreciated. Feel free to message me. I plan on throwing lures but will bait n wait if that's the hot ticket right now. Thanks.

I used to fish the orleans side of the inlet. My best advice is to use a fly or red gill teaser with your plug. The bass are usually on sandeels there. 

Good luck

I used to fish Nauset mostly from the Orleans side with live eels, which is the method used by most commercials working the beach at that time (early 90's). The most productive lures I used there were the SS Needlefish and 9" Sluggos.