Clash vs Conflict

Tsmart

For those who have both, which would you recommend?

I know the Clash is a little lighter and suppose to be higher end, but I've read some reports about a few issues with the Clash.

The weight difference is like 1 oz.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks,

T.

3 hours ago, Tsmart said:

For those who have both, which would you recommend?

I know the Clash is a little lighter and suppose to be higher end, but I've read some reports about a few issues with the Clash.

The weight difference is like 1 oz.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks,

T.

The Clash series has the C-n-C machined gearing, so would be considered a higher-end reel.

However, regarding weight, the upcoming "Conflict II" series which will be debuted at ICAST in July will be lighter, and in fact the lightest reel for a given size that PENN has ever made.

Penn Pro Staffer
"The best kind of fish in the world is the one on the end of a kid's line"

On 6/30/2017 at 0:06 PM, Tunanorth said:

The Clash series has the C-n-C machined gearing, so would be considered a higher-end reel.

However, regarding weight, the upcoming "Conflict II" series which will be debuted at ICAST in July will be lighter, and in fact the lightest reel for a given size that PENN has ever made.

^this.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, Tunanorth said:

So the Conflict won't have CNC gears?

Seems like a big mistake. Wasn't there issues with the SSV's because they had cast gears?

Hmmmm

Troy

2 minutes ago, Tsmart said:

Seems like a big mistake. Wasn't there issues with the SSV's because they had cast gears?

Hmmmm

Troy

Conflict 2 will have CNC gears. Only about $20 more than the original conflicts (which had die cast zinc gears)

42 minutes ago, Tsmart said:

Hmmmm

Troy

Apologies, the Conflict II will have aluminum CnC gears except that the pinion gear of the 5000 size will be brass.

Penn Pro Staffer
"The best kind of fish in the world is the one on the end of a kid's line"

• 8 months later...