penn 975 line capacity

mark d

line capacity for penn 975 is:

340 yds of 15lb mono as per penn manual downloaded at scotts, and tackle direct

240 yds of 15 lb mono as per penn site, scotts site etc

220 yds of 15 lb mono as per sierra trading

don't plan on putting mono on it but the numbers for braid are equally all over the place. soooo does anyone have the real numbers ?

thks

"what good are tractors without violins" ?   jose figueres

The 240/15 number is correct, subject to the usual variation between line brands, installation tension, and personal preference on fill-up levels.

Getting "fine print" spec information out to the numerous retail sources who then re-enter and re-post it is rife with opportunities for error, little wonder those mistakes occur.

Penn Pro Staffer
"The best kind of fish in the world is the one on the end of a kid's line"

hey tuna, thks for the explanation, but the penn manual says 340 yds of 15 lb and the penn site says 240 yds of 15 lb. typo maybe ?

reason i ask is just bought one and trying to figure out the line purchase. actually it was you that put the idea in my head. can't wait to fish it

"what good are tractors without violins" ?   jose figueres

1 minute ago, mark d said:

hey tuna, thks for the explanation, but the penn manual says 340 yds of 15 lb and the penn site says 240 yds of 15 lb. typo maybe ?

reason i ask is just bought one and trying to figure out the line purchase. actually it was you that put the idea in my head. can't wait to fish it

Yes, the 240/15 number is correct [again, with natural variation, and PENN's listed capacities on older models tend to be a bit conservative]. Anything else is a typo.

Penn Pro Staffer
"The best kind of fish in the world is the one on the end of a kid's line"