Hockey 2017 - 18

Rate this topic

Toad in Nj

3 hours ago, nightbite27 said:

What’s up with this sandy hook guy dyin?

i'm thinking old guy like tom said, or someone that couldn't swim, or that hasn't spent much time around water. that beach is the noob beach, if it was fishing beach, though i've also heard gunnison :shrug:

3 hours ago, nightbite27 said:

ive never fished there but I’d doesn’t seem like a place you should lose it all. 

Like ibe told toto before I don’t always need a wet suit but gosh darn are they so much safer 

its really not a place you should die if you are in reasonable health in eve 7 or 8 foot seas.

there are other places that are a bit more dangerous, but i honestly think you have to be pretty naive or lacking some common sense to lose your life in almost every place you can fish on the hook.

Back side of the hook is easy to die

one wrong step and poof

out front, with common sense, even a non swimming moron like me is fine

the paper said  gunnison

i have no problem wading out but im not doing it in stupid ass conditions or at night 

I'll fish in stupid ****, I'm just not wading out in it 

I don't do it at night mainly because a fuxking starfish touches me in the daytime and I will jump 6 feet in the air

the **** if I'm doing that **** at night :laugh: 

the backside you have to be careful in 3 spots, but even still there's no waves there, you are just gonna go for a ride in a rip.

since sandy, the channel is much closer at the tip, i don't know how much closer because i really haven't fished it, but i've heard easily withing a cast in spots. still just going for a ride, unless there are some waves rolling in. 

now the rip running hard with some decent breakers running wind agains tide is not a place you want to get wet.

i'm still going with he was in no shape to be getting wet in a 4 foot surf.

For me at least it's don't go out of your comfort zone for your swimming ability imo

ill go chest deep at times but not if it's stupid out

i don't know the back of the hook well enough to **** with it wading wise 

was out at the end of shark river on the jetty years ago as waves started rolling in

im holding onto the ****ing light out there

for weakfish

never did something that stupid again until I got married 

5 hours ago, makomakoman said:

ok.. if he can leave earlier better it is.   it will be worse going south early in the afternoon

but who the hell knows.  Yesterday they said it would be flakes up here.

There are lots of flakes up there

49 mins ago, rocco said:

i'm thinking old guy like tom said, or someone that couldn't swim, or that hasn't spent much time around water. that beach is the noob beach, if it was fishing beach, though i've also heard gunnison :shrug:

its really not a place you should die if you are in reasonable health in eve 7 or 8 foot seas.

there are other places that are a bit more dangerous, but i honestly think you have to be pretty naive or lacking some common sense to lose your life in almost every place you can fish on the hook.

His waders filled with water and took him under no?  Swimmer or not that water is cold enough at this point to kill you in about 5 minutes if you don't have a heart attack first.