RTIC/YETI...BEATING A DEAD HORSE LOL

Rate this topic

RichLou

Well my wife bought me an Rtic soft pack 40 for fathers day and it just showed up in the mail today.  She sent me a pic of the box a I am at work and BOY does it look big lol.  She asked if I wanted a Yeti hopper or the soft pack, I chose the soft pack solely on the design of the lid.  Now my best bud has the hopper so when we hit the beach this fall for drum time in Chincoteague we will be able to give a true side by side comparison for how it works.  I really like the design of the soft pack so I can not wait to see it tonight.  I am sure just like bud light/miller light there will always be those whom favor one over the other!

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

some of these coolers are so damn big , you can't carry them when they're loaded...the site says that thing holds 40 punds of ice  , not what I wanna lug down to the beach...lol

I hear that!  I just figured its big enough for a family of 4 for a day out on the boat, or I can scale back the amount of items for the beach or day at the zoo.  Pretty sure I don't want to lug 40 pounds around walking the surf!  LMAO

When Rtic had the inventory sale earlier this year I stocked up on the bottle and cans while they were on sale. Don't have a single complaint. Have kept ice and liquid well past 24 hours when I've used them.

Even not on sale the prices are way better then yeti

I have the critic 40 and it delivers on keeping  stuff cold.  I use it to carry a 30 pack and ice and it's no problem. I love brining it to hockey because it's so easy.  If i had to do it again i would have  gotten the 30.  You don't need a lot of ice. One day I put just the beer in there right from the distributor 3 hours later when i got to hockey the beer was just as cold as it was when i bought it with no ice. 

When Rtic had the inventory sale earlier this year I stocked up on the bottle and cans while they were on sale. Don't have a single complaint. Have kept ice and liquid well past 24 hours when I've used them.

Even not on sale the prices are way better then yeti

My wife did go with the blue as apposed to the grey color as that was again about $40-$50 cheaper.  Im just anxious to get home and check it out

Had they had any of that stuff left I probably would have picked up a bag or 2 too. I had already wanted the 65 quart cooler but all that stuff was out of stock already.

There are several other companies making them now to and if I remember correctly the Ozark trail from Wal-Mart got the best reviews on being the best bang for the buck.

Had they had any of that stuff left I probably would have picked up a bag or 2 too. I had already wanted the 65 quart cooler but all that stuff was out of stock already.

There are several other companies making them now to and if I remember correctly the Ozark trail from Wal-Mart got the best reviews on being the best bang for the buck.

The problem with the Ozark Trail ones it the zipper isn't waterproof so they leak like crazy.  I have a buddy who got one and he hates it.

My buddy has the Ozark if its the one I am thinking of and has the same shape as the hopper.  That was my only hold up with Yeti, the shape...and well the price but my wife was buying :)

YETI.........the price tag is bigger than the cooler........$$$$$.....not on your life....ridiculous, IMO. 

Igloo or Coleman is OK with  me....at 1/10th the cost.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

New hoppers have a supposedly improved zipper but I have not had any issues with the zipper on the hopper 30 but it is a two handed job to get the beer in and out. Great for hauling beer and "Sammiches" for day trips. Most of my haunts are drive on so lugging it around isn't a concern aside from family beach trips.

As for he price tag mine cost me a $5 raffle ticket to support one of my client's kids baseball team (top prize was a tuna trip). Didn't get the boat ride but a hell of a consolation prize for handing over a portrait of Lincoln.

I am looking at the rtic 20 or hopper flip for solo trips.

:rav:

Have a 65 for the boat that replaced an Igloo that had much more capacity but wasn't all that much larger in terms of real estate.  No comparison in performance, though - even if you kept the thing closed most of the time, the Igloo couldn't keep pace with the RTIC in the ice retention department.  I've found that I drastically cut down on the amount of ice I had to buy, which probably still doesn't put a dent in what I paid for the coolers but at least keeps my fish and drinks a lot cooler.

Curious to see what they're going to do to stay ahead of that lawsuit, and whether other manufacturers are going to be spared or if Yeti goes after them next.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

YETI.........the price tag is bigger than the cooler........$$$$$.....not on your life....ridiculous, IMO. 

Igloo or Coleman is OK with  me....at 1/10th the cost.

Dunno about that.  I've probably got 8 coolers in the basement that will never see use again.  I bought a Yeti 125 to go in the back of the Excursion for beach trips about 4 years ago, and there is absolutely no comparison to the Igloos or Colemans it retired.  Now, small cooler-wise, I also have the Roadie 20, but it will absolutely break your back if you have to carry it loaded for any distance.  For those times, Igloo or Coleman hands down.

Edited by Mr. Crab

I'm a life long coleman/igloo guy but as I have been getting older I have been looking to "invest" in items that will hopefully last longer.  I have never had a coleman that a hinge or handle has not broken off.  I probably will never need ice to last 5-7 days but who knows I may.  But for the more solid construction I am going to try.