Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derf

chat room down??:confused:

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Yup,the same thing happened a few days back,the connection trys a few times.Then Bam..you are in mission control.Hey Jim,it's called sleep,you got to try it some time wink.gif

Ohmigawd, my ISP had issues on Fri night and I just couldn't meet up with anyone last night before the sandman came calling, and now THIS frown.gif

Must....go...on....gotta....find...the...proza c wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ditch Jigger (edited 01-30-2000).]

Sorry folks...that's not quite what happened! biggrin.gif

Actually, my domain host informed me that at some point on 1/30/2000 that they would be bringing my server down for 10-30 minutes...it just happened to be 2 minutes after I hooked up with good buddy Jim-DE...after missing him after work for 3 or 4 nights in a row. We just got the hello's out, and BAM!! Blackness....dark...void of all signs of life! I couldn't even e-mail Jim to tell him what's going on...now that I think of it, I could have through my MI account...it was 3am, I didn't think of that right away! redface.gif

So, one of the things they were going to do for the server was to upgrade the JAVA chat server program. I didn't even think anything of the server going down, I figured hey, it's 3am, I'm pretty shot...I'll shut down the PC and tie 50 or so jigs before bed.

I just found out an hour ago the chat was down!!!! My embarassment cannot even be shown with emoticons here...I apologize...I need a hotline bat phone type thing where someone can inform of such catastrophes immediately!!! So, 2:45pm..Charlie calls me and says

THE CHAT ROOM IS DOWN, REPEAT, THE CHAT ROOM IS DOWN!!!!

Sunday is the one day I don't turn my computer on if I can help it...I just didn't know! I should have been suspicious...in the computer business, upgrade often means down time!!! I'm on it right now...gimme a few more mintues...we'll be all better by then!

TimS

Tim, I guess my e-mails went into cyber hell as well last night....see ya in the room my friend.

Sleep?? What is that? Working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day make sleep a thing of the past. As it does family, friends, fishing, doctors visits and the rest. Sunday is truely my day of rest.

Well, it seems everyone is having a day of rest, I cannot get any answers as to why the chat won't work...I've removed it, reinstalled it, changed it around...tried everthing, but I can't get it to function in a manner that I would feel comfortable with you guys using. The only way to make it work currently is to leave it "public"...and the slime in society should be an embarrassment that is left outside any portion of this site. So, I have setup a "conference room" in the meantime. It's a chat, it's a little different, but it works. I'll be in and out of there as I work on the other one.

Sorry folks, it seems upgrade is still the last thing anyone wants to hear...including me! frown.gif

Jim, I'll be there later on.....

TimS