TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

15,876 posts in this topic

Your older guys like me have the same outlook on today's game! its a game and  too many. Glad we remember the exciting days when homeruns were 400' on avg., A good batter comes up and you brush him back. Nope pitch to Devers who I think is awesome competitor of course Fenway's wall of shame makes mistakes look good. If I were in Florida Id be fishing snook on the pier at night.

Posted (edited)

22 mins ago, Hammerheadman said:

I have been watching since the early 1950s, plus listening on the radio to Mel, Red, the scooter in the school yards as a young teen. The good and the Horace Clarke years bad, The Stump years , The Torre years. After Jeter retired i started to loose interest . I got some of it back but it is starting to fade again. I still watch but I try not to let it ruin my day.  It just is not the same to me.

me too. i appreciate ALL the good years and even bad years because it was still baseball. it has changed, some like it more, but i like it a lot less from the players to even the managers. it has lost it's style and grit.

Edited by Nite_Bite_00

Posted (edited)

10 mins ago, RAW said:

Your older guys like me have the same outlook on today's game! its a game and  too many. Glad we remember the exciting days when homeruns were 400' on avg., A good batter comes up and you brush him back. Nope pitch to Devers who I think is awesome competitor of course Fenway's wall of shame makes mistakes look good. If I were in Florida Id be fishing snook on the pier at night.

Spot on.

The way Devers pretended to be off balance from the swing -damned near fell int the dugout hotdogging it- and then rounded the bases at 1/10 speed has earned him the right to receive the next pitch from a NYY pitcher throws to be planted squarely between the 1's.

Oh, and given it's August, you'd be CATCHING snook on your pier at night!

Edited by Jettyhound

Posted (edited)

4 mins ago, Jettyhound said:

be off balance from the swing

he had a head rush from the gigantic wad of Redman in his mouth! 

Edited by Nite_Bite_00

This not going to be an easy fix, thinking years. When the big timber is healthy they pound the ball. After 3 months we have dead branches , Today and forward I will not sit for another game unless WS which is a fairy tale. Radio only if I get it or , puzzles, origami, do dishes, look at the stars what ever. 

1 hour ago, RAW said:

When us old guys over 3/4 century we do not want to waste 3 hours watching a keg league. Some swings were 2-3’ from ball 

Wacha threw only 26 pitches through the first 3 innings! They looked like little leaguers at the plate all night. 

8 mins ago, HopHead said:

Wacha threw only 26 pitches through the first 3 innings! They looked like little leaguers at the plate all night. 

he was sharp

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, RAW said:

The playoffs will be short and quick and painfull

Been that way for the last 12 years.

Edited by JoeyZac

11 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Yea ... looking like it will the usual. Can't see them getting by Astros at any point.

43 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Yet you inferred that cashman and boone play no role in that drought.  Isn't it obvious what they're doing isn't working?

2 hours ago, Hammerheadman said:

I have been watching since the early 1950s, plus listening on the radio to Mel, Red, the scooter in the school yards as a young teen. The good and the Horace Clarke years bad, The Stump years , The Torre years. After Jeter retired i started to loose interest . I got some of it back but it is starting to fade again. I still watch but I try not to let it ruin my day.  It just is not the same to me.

In the 50's my father got 3 tickets right on the third base side, just a small fence between us and the ball boy. I was somewhere between 5 and 10 years old, don't remember who was playing yet I'm sure Mantle was in center and Yogi was behind the plate. I started losing interest in baseball as time went by, the Core Four years brought it back. The first year I watched Jeter I thought he was going to be a great player, never in my wildest dreams did I think he would turn out as great as he did. He's the best Yankee I've ever seen play, one of the top 3 all time best Yankees in my opinion, and the best role model for kids I've ever seen in any sport. Now that I'm an old fart my interest is returning again but not like it was during the Core Four years.

Yankees SUCK:point:

15 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

In the 50's my father got 3 tickets right on the third base side, just a small fence between us and the ball boy. I was somewhere between 5 and 10 years old, don't remember who was playing yet I'm sure Mantle was in center and Yogi was behind the plate. I started losing interest in baseball as time went by, the Core Four years brought it back. The first year I watched Jeter I thought he was going to be a great player, never in my wildest dreams did I think he would turn out as great as he did. He's the best Yankee I've ever seen play, one of the top 3 all time best Yankees in my opinion, and the best role model for kids I've ever seen in any sport. Now that I'm an old fart my interest is returning again but not like it was during the Core Four years.

Yankees SUCK:point:

Yeah no.

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

Yet you inferred that cashman and boone play no role in that drought..............

No....... I inferred that Cash and Boone did not play a role in our offense sucking in Boston this weekend.

I blame that on Judge and Rizzo having a bad series, Stanton and Carpenter being injured, Boston pitching well, and the offense in general being in a bit of slump.

But if we insist that the bottom line has to be Cash and Boone, well, the team has one of the best records in MLB, so we have to give them credit for that as well, no?