TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

15,876 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i saw an interview, after scull past, with Kay and Scully in 2012. the yanks ask scully in "61 to be the broadcaster. scully said no out of respect for Mel and that he love the dodgers organization and wanted to stay. 

I never knew that.

If you know your guy is struggling on the mound :  the ground out , two consecutive walks 3 batters rule  = hook Boone did not do his job 

8 hours ago, robtf said:

Yankees suck

I watched the whole game minus the first inning. The Yanks had the chances to score. I told my wife I see a loss if they don't get another run or two. Sure, enough Holmes could not hold the lead. Too wild what happened to him. They are losing games that they should win.  Boston stole that one. Again, it is the same old story can't get the hit with runners in scoring position. Too many dead spots in the lineup. Yes Donaldson, Gleber, Hicks, are weak . As much as I hate saying this Chapman should get back his closure job (FOR NOW) . AND this team needs a left fielder who can hit. A centerfielder who can hit a more consistent Gleber and Donaldson. Andrew Benitendi  has been a big disappointment to me.He will be a free agent Still stuck with Hicks 6 HRs Gallo has 13 ? This Montas needs to come up big today. The heat wave is over weather has fall in the air. They get off to bad start today click goes the remote.

Posted (edited)

They looked totally unwilling as batters to win a 1 run game. The pitches get the yips playing the Sox, Mentally melt as closers last 10 yrs. lost of runners LOB, was there Yankee batter that hit to opposite fields We had the game! Too many players didn’t show up, Royal Suck when it was statement time. Win tonite means nothing as the Red Sox own / even sub .500.    I had to listen to wife. Should have fished!

Edited by RAW
spelling

5 hours ago, RAW said:

They looked totally unwilling as batters to win a 1 run game. The pitches get the tips playing the Sox, Mentally melt as closers last 10 yrs. lost of runners LOB, was there Yankee batter that hit to opposite fields We had the game! Too many players didn’t show up, Royal Suck when it was statement time. Win tonite means nothing as the Red Sox own / even sun .500.   Puke! And I had to listen to wife. Should have fished!

Yep ! There was no desire from many to win this one .

1st am w/out thunder and lighting  since Tuesday at 6am 4 snook -20 “ on the gulf beach spin rod 7’ white/ flash  1/2 oz jig 

14 hours ago, robtf said:

Yankees suck

This morning I told two Red Sux fans I know I'm expecting the Yankees to be swept.

1 hour ago, Hook I said:

Yep ! There was no desire from many to win this one .

1st am w/out thunder and lighting  since Tuesday at 6am 4 snook -20 “ on the gulf beach spin rod 7’ white/ flash  1/2 oz jig 

awesome, enjoy

3 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

This morning I told two Red Sux fans I know I'm expecting the Yankees to be swept.

Even thought the Yankees Suck I'm not expecting the sweep.

5 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

That is very much true and really don’t mean sheyet , if you go back to last season early season schedule losses was a disaster. It’s nice to have a cushion game lead in your division .  

33 mins ago, Hook I said:

That is very much true and really don’t mean sheyet , if you go back to last season early season schedule losses was a disaster. It’s nice to have a cushion game lead in your division .  

July 19, 1978, the Yankees—the reigning World Series champs—found themselves struggling at 48-42 and a whopping 14 games behind the Red Sox, who were cruising along with a 62-28 record.

It's now July 13, 2022, 44 years later. That four game sweep in 78 was the only good thing to happen to me, it was a weekend in hell. I'm strongly feeling like this is a Dija vu in reverse. It's a weird feeling I'm having about this series and the rest of the season, that's all I can say.

Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

July 19, 1978, the Yankees—the reigning World Series champs—found themselves struggling at 48-42 and a whopping 14 games behind the Red Sox, who were cruising along with a 62-28 record.

It's now July 13, 2022, 44 years later. That four game sweep in 78 was the only good thing to happen to me, it was a weekend in hell. I'm strongly feeling like this is a Dija vu in reverse. It's a weird feeling I'm having about this series and the rest of the season, that's all I can say.

That would be freekin awesome.

But I don't see the Yankees having that great a collapse, short of a huge hit from the injury bug.

29 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

It’s a bump , To say  they will

be in the WS ? It’s just a dream so many things have to go right .. if the pay checks bounce .. then there are problems :laugh:

Yankees are sucking again tonight

im out until maybe later