TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

16,020 posts in this topic

Agree 100%, Tv and owners making huge bucks , then whittle down talent, it’s their right.  A rating report on Sox was that Ellen and Pep Pa Pig? Had beer tv ratings

I never imagined peppa pig would make it into this thread !

1 hour ago, robtf said:

I never imagined peppa pig would make it into this thread !

Well it is a Yankees thread, isn't it...:shrug:;)...

Butch

4 hours ago, robtf said:

They did, it was scheduled differently. Fewer teams, more time in one city. None of the inter league crap. 

And no west coast flights. I guess KC or St Louis was as far as they had to travel.

3 mins ago, CharlieK said:

And no west coast flights. I guess KC or St Louis was as far as they had to travel.

56 this was true but by 61 they did hit the west coast ( just checked two schedules )

guess they added the west coast with the expanded number of games

Why do Met fans bother with this thread? I certainly don’t care one whit about Met threads ( if Any exist :p )

4 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Back as far as I can remember 1954/5 The Yanks were one of 8, I believe. NY, Boston, Philadelphia (Kansas City) A.S, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington Senators, St. Louis Browns (Baltimore) They traveled mostly by train. Had more day games and a double header quite often. The longest trip was to St. Louis . Philly moved to Kansas; City, Washington moved to Minnesota; St Louis moved to Baltimore. Kansas City A's moved to Oakland , The Angels were an expansion team I think with the Seattle Pilots, who were to become the Milwaukee Brewers or the new K.C. Royals, Texas sneaked in somewhere also. So, most of the games were a train ride away. Someone wrote a book I think it was called Flannels and Box cars about the uniforms and the travel. It all changed with Cailfornia and Jet power.

45 mins ago, robtf said:

Why do Met fans bother with this thread? I certainly don’t care one whit about Met threads ( if Any exist :p )

Don’t know but I’ll guess Maybe they think there are a few young kids posting here , little do they know we make a few trips to the bathroom during the night 

49 mins ago, robtf said:

Why do Met fans bother with this thread?..............

Because no matter how successful the Mets may be, they are jealous of the fact that they always were, currently are, and always will be baby sister team in NYC to the only MLB game that really counts......... The New York Yankees.

Same thing with the Nets, Jets, Devils and Islanders.  They live in the shadows, and that's just too bad.

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

They live in the shadows, and that's just too bad.

Joey, you have a short memory. The Mets were the darlings of New York in the 80”s. I was there. Attendance is easy to verify.   When the Mets win more this year than the yanks, we can revisit this phenomenon.

i come here to talk a little baseball with old guys like me. 

Posted (edited)

I’m a Yankee fan too, though Mets are #1 in my heart.  Yankees are #1a.   I was a huge Core 4 fan and religiously followed them when they were winning the 5 WS’s.  

I got hooked on the Mets ever since I saw them win the ‘69 WS as a kid. The Yanks weren’t a good team back then. 

Edited by GeoffT

Posted (edited)

It’s fair to say though Seattle isn’t going to be an easy matchup after they took 2 of 3 at Yankees Stadium.  

Edited by GeoffT

1 hour ago, GeoffT said:

I’m a Yankee fan too, though Mets are #1 in my heart.  Yankees are #1a.   I was a huge Core 4 fan and religiously followed them when they were winning the 5 WS’s.  

I got hooked on the Mets ever since I saw them win the ‘69 WS as a kid. The Yanks weren’t a good team back then. 

That was an amazing team! The Amazing Mets