TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

16,020 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Hook I said:

Burn your Elsbury game day jersey now , he ain’t coming back 

Don't have one, can I use my Babe Ruth signed baseball instead? Signed the year he died with the date on it.

21 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Don't have one, can I use my Babe Ruth signed baseball instead? Signed the year he died with the date on it.

I told the kids I’m selling my baseball collection .. so when I’m dead they can’t take that vacation to New Jersey shore  :clap:

Just now, Hook I said:

I told the kids I’m selling my baseball collection .. so when I’m dead they can’t take that vacation to New Jersey shore  :clap:

My kid doesn't want my baseball collection, it rotates around an autographed baseball of the 1956 Red Sux. And as we all know, the Red Sux Suck.

Damn hook.....either the jersey shore is more expensive than I remember or your collection ain't great. :laugh:

5 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

My kid doesn't want my baseball collection, it rotates around an autographed baseball of the 1956 Red Sux. And as we all know, the Red Sux Suck.

NY born the old man was a Red Sox and Patriot fan just glad I had my moms genes  I sold a lot of my stuff and did something good with the $$$ = Children’s Hospital 

1 min ago, HopHead said:

Damn hook.....either the jersey shore is more expensive than I remember or your collection ain't great. :laugh:

Things are never the way they used to be . 

Just said to my buddies if the yankees don't show up for this series I'm watching the Vogelbachs for the rest of the season.. This team lacks a pulse.

Just now, Hook I said:

NY born the old man was a Red Sox and Patriot fan just glad I had my moms genes  I sold a lot of my stuff and did something good with the $$$ = Children’s Hospital 

My father hated the Yankees, he always rooted for the underdog team, no matter who they were. He had 3 autographed baseballs that he wanted handed down from generation to generation. I was 4 or 5 when I first saw them, me being the youngest got the worst ball, a 1956 Red Sux team ball signed by 26 (?) players and the manager.

My middle brother got a ball signed by a bunch of great players like Lou Gehrig, Ty Cob (?), Joe Dimaggio and a few others. Last I knew this ball wasn't holding up well.

My oldest brother is the one that actually has the Babe Ruth ball. His youngest son actually has it and some day his son will get it. That's what my dad wanted.

6 mins ago, HopHead said:

Just said to my buddies if the yankees don't show up for this series I'm watching the Vogelbachs for the rest of the season.. This team lacks a pulse.

They are exciting,  take the opportunity to watch them because TV $ucks we watch both when we can , Getting to the big show I don’t  listen to the hype it takes a lot  of luck to get there  

1 min ago, Bass Ackwards said:

My father hated the Yankees, he always rooted for the underdog team, no matter who they were. He had 3 autographed baseballs that he wanted handed down from generation to generation. I was 4 or 5 when I first saw them, me being the youngest got the worst ball, a 1956 Red Sux team ball signed by 26 (?) players and the manager.

My middle brother got a ball signed by a bunch of great players like Lou Gehrig, Ty Cob (?), Joe Dimaggio and a few others. Last I knew this ball wasn't holding up well.

My oldest brother is the one that actually has the Babe Ruth ball. His youngest son actually has it and some day his son will get it. That's what my dad wanted.

Beautiful story, yes those balls  do fade of the signings , most of those big $$ balls are in temperature controlled setting   

6 mins ago, HopHead said:

I gotta stop reading posts without my glasses on, I first read it as vegetables you were going to watch for the rest of the season. Duhhhh:beers:

Posted (edited)

My brother has two balls: 1 a signed Mickey Mantle ball and 2 a ball signed by all the American League umpires of that year (which was around 1966). We went to the stadium on Bobby Richardson day and got to meet and shake hands with Bobby outside the Yankee locker room, Mantle wouldn't come out but signed a ball for my dad's friend, Nestor Chylak, which we got. Don't know why we never got Bobby to sign anything, or if we did I never saw it.

Somewhere, either my sister or brother have an unused ticket to Larsen's perfect world series game.  My dad got a ticket to go but for some reason was unable to attend. I think my brother has that one, but perhaps my sister has it.

Like Charlie Brown at Halloween: I got a rock.

Edited by robtf