TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

14,344 posts in this topic

When did Chad Green go down for the year? Were my ears deceiving me, or did I just hear that on the FAN bcast?

19 mins ago, robtf said:

When did Chad Green go down for the year? Were my ears deceiving me, or did I just hear that on the FAN bcast?

Tommy John

On 5/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, Fishtale7 said:

Hicks has no options, and Andujar is NOT an outfielder. Andujar is trade bait for a team that needs bench or DH power. 

Andujar has been playing left field and I’m happy to see him back up. He deserves a shot after his rookie season. I’ll take a few errors if his bat is hot.

6 hours ago, bentstick said:

Andujar has been playing left field and I’m happy to see him back up. He deserves a shot after his rookie season. I’ll take a few errors if his bat is hot.

Agree on Andujar, his head needs to do the 2b approach at the plate for  Hicks is the problem , Benitendi from KC 

might be a solution to LF got to unload Hicks & Gallo . How long will the office hold out ? 

11 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Trolling, or using spoons?

Using those Large Nichols jigging spoons. I just flip it out  then just drift while holding the rod lifting it up and let it drop. I was using a spinning rod .I may try it with a conventional .

1 hour ago, Hook I said:

Agree on Andujar, his head needs to do the 2b approach at the plate for  Hicks is the problem , Benitendi from KC 

might be a solution to LF got to unload Hicks & Gallo . How long will the office hold out ? 

Give it to Andhoohar; he's homegrown.

I don't want another filthy Red Sock.

8 hours ago, bentstick said:

me too. liked him from the start. should have won rookie of the year, but...

he can rake given the chance. looks better in the outfield than 3rd. he needs to play. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, Hammerheadman said:

Using those Large Nichols jigging spoons. I just flip it out  then just drift while holding the rod lifting it up and let it drop. I was using a spinning rod .I may try it with a conventional .

what weight for depth/color combo do you like? may give that a try sometime! (they work, you "trolled me up" :D)

Edited by robtf

23 mins ago, robtf said:

what weight for depth/color combo do you like? may give that a try sometime! (they work, you "trolled me up" :D)

I have a few Chartruse and  hammered bronze. No weight just a swivel on the braid a short leader a clip then the Spoon . Just flip let out and drift. Holding the rod lift up and drop .Just found out the yanks won 2 /0  .On to Tampa .

3 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Give it to Andhoohar; he's homegrown.

I don't want another filthy Red Sock.

With that attitude best to call Gardner back can’t do anything until the snooze brothers are off the roster . Andujar is just bait  soaking = 27 year old band aid for those two  

24 mins ago, Hook I said:

With that attitude best to call Gardner back can’t do anything until the snooze brothers are off the roster . Andujar is just bait  soaking = 27 year old band aid for those two  

As much as I like(d) Gardy, that time has passed.

Stick Andoohar out there, let him run around and learn the position.  Hopefully between him and Gallo's Lefty bat, they can be a successful platoon, and a more permanent solution will present itself somewhere down the line.

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

As much as I like(d) Gardy, that time has passed.

Stick Andoohar out there, let him run around and learn the position.  Hopefully between him and Gallo's Lefty bat, they can be a successful platoon, and a more permanent solution will present itself somewhere down the line.

All can be lost by the all star break very easily, they can find themselves out of 1st place Pitching is in TROUBLE 

There needs to be a way of run production from LF & CF 

Rizzo & Judge ( Stanton IL ? )will cool off DJ & Torres and Donaldson is just not enough , on the subject of “sticking out there “ that’s what # 13 &#31 are doing out there but it looks like the office is ok with it = being in 1st place , maybe they will do something stupid like get another catcher :laugh:

Edited by Hook I

3 hours ago, Hook I said:

All can be lost by the all star break very easily, they can find themselves out of 1st place Pitching is in TROUBLE 

There needs to be a way of run production from LF & CF 

Rizzo & Judge ( Stanton IL ? )will cool off DJ & Torres and Donaldson is just not enough , on the subject of “sticking out there “ that’s what # 13 &#31 are doing out there but it looks like the office is ok with it = being in 1st place , maybe they will do something stupid like get another catcher :laugh:

That’s exactly what I said, things were at a high, now the holes are glaring, waiting till the team slumps is dumb, Gallo was hype and Hicks is done, no heart for the game. And management isn’t asking for more of him.Cut bait!!! There’s nothing to lose. Maybe  they will be happy with 4 th place as I said, You will see Hicks hang around to long, Backup hitting catcher and dump G+ H