TheKnot

Who are the Yankee's putting the wood on tonight

Rate this topic

8,421 posts in this topic

Game #2 starter can’t go 2 1/3 inning and expect to not to go they your pen,  can’t believe I’m asking a starter to go 5 innings in Oct .  Even though he gave up 1 run we got two back =failed attempt ....goat 

53 mins ago, Hook I said:

Game #2 starter can’t go 2 1/3 inning and expect to not to go they your pen,  can’t believe I’m asking a starter to go 5 innings in Oct .  Even though he gave up 1 run we got two back =failed attempt ....goat 

Encarnacion, Sanchez, Gardy & Didi better start swinging a bit better. They all looked overmatched for the game I watched (thru 9)....  

Friggin Paxson... geez can't get thru 3 - kills the BP. 

It still took the Astros 11 innings to put away them pesky Yanks.   But that still hurts. 

Hope the huge home advantage helps the Yanks against Cole.

4 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

They got to Verlander and blew it. They had their chance to head back to NY up 2-0. 

These games are too long. I couldn't keep my eyes open after the 9th inning.:snr: I ended up grabbing my transistor radio and listed to the game in the bedroom. I'm looking forward to the day game coming up.

I was not going to watch it all but once it started I could not help myself. When the game was over I tried to watch the Post game on Fox and yes . I could not stand to hear them tell me what I just saw. Friggin Otto again. Only one run so we should have got to their pen. Gary better start to hit ,maybe home cooking will help.   

5 hours ago, TheKnot said:

#24 is smoke and mirrors at the dish and he is far from clutch, it's time for him to ride pine 

I've said it before - he gives away too many ABS. Great hitters almost never give away an AB. 

He got pissed at a called strike & the K'd on a pith in the dirt. Boone should have benched him then & told him to grow up.

Of  course, he was even worse last year.

interesting who the Astros will pitch game #4 in the Bronx ?  will they insert Miely & sidestep Grenke  ?   who I think will not handle it , Verlander has to pitch game #5 on full rest ?  will have to wait and see 

Tough to beat Astros.... 2 of the top 5 (best in AL) pitchers in MLB, excellent defense & solid offense.  Harris is solid in the BP as set up, Pressley (if not hurt) is good as is Osuna.

50 - 50.

Here it is 4:08 pm start 

1. DJ LeMahieu (R) 1B
  2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
  3. Brett Gardner (L) LF
  4. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
  5. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
  6. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
  7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
  8. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
  9. Aaron Hicks (S) CF

Severino    P

Not surprised Hicks is in ,WE NEED his bat experience  , what did surprise me is that this lineup is posted so early , not something that has been done this year . Head game start ...i think so , but at this post the L/R vs pitching just might be for the relief guys but not guys like Cole . 

20 hours ago, gman1253 said:

I've said it before - he gives away too many ABS. Great hitters almost never give away an AB. 

He got pissed at a called strike & the K'd on a pith in the dirt. Boone should have benched him then & told him to grow up.

Of  course, he was even worse last year.

If he was any worse than last year he would have been riding the bus all season and watching the playoffs from the comfort of his recliner today.  He is either on or WAY off.  Frustrating for sure.  Every pitcher in MLB knows that they don't even have to throw the ball anyway near the strike zone because he is totally lost at the plate right now -anything high and away and he's hacking like a mad man.  A smart pitcher would sing him a little chin music and he wouldn't even foul a ball off.  Oh, but wait, that;'s right, baseball isn't played like that anymore.  Never mind.  At the MLB level he is laughable right now.  I feel badly for him.  The big issue with him also is, he doesn't get back in the groove quickly and he requires games of AB to get on the ball.  There just aren't enough games left for him to get right this season.  He should be benched.  But... maybe he'll hurt Cole today...  maybe he'll carry the club through the WS....  who knows...  in baseball, ya don't know nuthin'.  My 2 cents and worth less than 75% of that.  Go Yanks!

Edited by Jettyhound