FunkyBunker

June 2017 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

485 posts in this topic

Summertime is almost here. It's a mixed bag month.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Headed back out front CMC this morning 445-6am. Calm in the surf with clean breakers about 60yds out and slight W breeze. Threw the sandeel SP with the cleaner water and 2nd cast pulled in a 36" bass. Had a missed hit 20 mins later. Switched to Mag darter and got another bass 20"-22". Nothing else after that and not a single blue today. Saw 1 other keeper pulled in on the rocks around same size. Looks like it's not quite over yet. 

post-67731-0-04599600-1496318783.jpg

Headed back out front CMC this morning 445-6am. Calm in the surf with clean breakers about 60yds out and slight W breeze. Threw the sandeel SP with the cleaner water and 2nd cast pulled in a 36" bass. Had a missed hit 20 mins later. Switched to Mag darter and got another bass 20"-22". Nothing else after that and not a single blue today. Saw 1 other keeper pulled in on the rocks around same size. Looks like it's not quite over yet. 

FB, Nice way to start the month.

Great conditions again this morning with some nice clear white water rolling in.  Still a little bit of grass here and there, but nothing to really complain about.  Started off the month picking two with one under 20 inches and the other right at 27 inches.  Both hit the white Vision.  Had one other bump that never got the hook.  Down side, snapped off my green swimmer that was a favorite of mine.  Think there were a few nicks from the blues fish action last week.  Back in the morning.

post-42633-0-20952800-1496327300.jpg

post-42633-0-86506100-1496327352.jpg

More microfishing in the way back. A half dozen on the white popper 7p -9pm. This was about the average size. I caught no black bass...i find it funny that i started fishing this spot again recently expecting smallmouth and have caught more stripers...i think i might try it more often when the water is cooler

post-70099-0-43317500-1496366330.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

More microfishing in the way back. A half dozen on the white popper 7p -9pm. This was about the average size. I caught no black bass...i find it funny that i started fishing this spot again recently expecting smallmouth and have caught more stripers...i think i might try it more often when the water is cooler

:th:  :th:

pm coming.

Edited by pricise10

OC out back on the kayak this morning 6:00am-11:00am. Started with a bunch of shorts to around 17". Decided to make "one last drift" and picked up a nice 20.5" fluke on a chartreuse colored 4" swimming mullet. First fluke trip of the year and first keeper! Accidentally posted this in the May Fishing Report thread.

Did it ever start? Not for me. No stripes for me since march in backbay. Do you reqlly thunk they are all gone?

Got out this morning from 4:30-6 am in central moco out front. Got a couple cocktail blues but couldn't find any bass. There was a bunch of dolphins working some bait which was cool to watch. If the person with the drone flying over them is in here could you send me a clip of the video?

I am not the person with the drone but I do have iPhone video of them all around my boat from last Saturday. Video is not the greatest because there were so many we kept spinning our heads looking different directions.

They were going under the boat , jumping out of the water and all around the boat . just off IBSP

Posted (edited) · Report post

Got out this morning from 4:30-6 am in central moco out front. Got a couple cocktail blues but couldn't find any bass. There was a bunch of dolphins working some bait which was cool to watch. If the person with the drone flying over them is in here could you send me a clip of the video?

PM coming.  Depending on where you were I may know who had the drone...

EDIT: Nevermind, the usual drone pilot wasn't in town this am.  Couldn't have been who I was thinking.

Edited by ShoreThingNJ