Linesideslayer

Official: Official 2017 Hat Fling...Sign In Here!

Rate this topic

126 posts in this topic

So with the very close Poll completed, vote by only 1 member makes this years Hat Fling at the Traditional Location & Date:

Saturday July 22th, the official SOL HAT FLING  At Francis Beach in Halfmoon Bay at the end of Kelly Avenue

Sign in here who's going and what you want to bring for the pot luck. I will be accepting any official donations for the free raffle we do every year or if you plan to attend the Fling you can bring your donations day of the event, so if you have anything to donate, it's all welcome and very much appreciated. Any questions please respond in this thread? Thanks to all those that participated in the Poll.   :th:

For those members who have never attended a Fling or New members here in short is what the Fling is all about: A bunch of SOL members getting together to talk fishing, gain insights and knowledge from one another, relax, have a good time, bring great eats to the pot luck, share stories, have some fun, maybe fish before, during or after, raffle off some fishing lures and other fishing stuff, check out some of the members rods and rigs, maybe trade or purchase some new plugs from one another, play some games (casting contest, etc.), have some laughs and get to know one another, make some new friends and put some faces to avatar names. There is no strict schedule or plan of events, everyone shows up late morning, we BBQ, put out some homemade food or store bought trays of food, we eat drink and be merry, mid to late afternoon after the raffle prizes are doled out and the contests are over, everyone says their goodbyes till next year. 

Donations: 

Please mail any donations if not attending but want to help out anything is appreciated to: 

Hat Fling Donations

PO BOX 924 

San Juan Bautista CA 95045 

Look forward to seeing you there!!!

Orlando will be good to see you there. Now that it will be up the coast, plan on hitting the beaches on the way like an Endless Summer, except won't be surfing, just surf casting, different beach up the coast every 2 hours or until I get bit.

last year i got this 31" striper from a plug donated in the raffle, released the fish and went on to get quite a few others on it.   Thanks to everyone who donates lures in the raffle. 

post-21926-0-64350100-1494873461.jpg

So with the very close Poll completed, vote by only 1 member makes this years Hat Fling at the Traditional Location & Date:

Saturday July 22th, the official SOL HAT FLING  At Francis Beach in Halfmoon Bay at the end of Kelly Avenue

Sign in here who's going and what you want to bring for the pot luck. I will be accepting any official donations for the free raffle we do every year or if you plan to attend the Fling you can bring your donations day of the event, so if you have anything to donate, it's all welcome and very much appreciated. Any questions please respond in this thread? Thanks to all those that participated in the Poll.   :th:

For those members who have never attended a Fling or New members here in short is what the Fling is all about: A bunch of SOL members getting together to talk fishing, gain insights and knowledge from one another, relax, have a good time, bring great eats to the pot luck, share stories, have some fun, maybe fish before, during or after, raffle off some fishing lures and other fishing stuff, check out some of the members rods and rigs, maybe trade or purchase some new plugs from one another, play some games (casting contest, etc.), have some laughs and get to know one another, make some new friends and put some faces to avatar names. There is no strict schedule or plan of events, everyone shows up late morning, we BBQ, put out some homemade food or store bought trays of food, we eat drink and be merry, mid to late afternoon after the raffle prizes are doled out and the contests are over, everyone says their goodbyes till next year. 

Donations: 

Please mail any donations if not attending but want to help out anything is appreciated to: 

Hat Fling Donations

PO BOX 924 

San Juan Bautista CA 95045 

Look forward to seeing you there!!!

If everyone arrives late morning the park will be full and you'll be parking outside. You will not have a table and barbecue and you'll look very silly. Lol Better get there when the gate opens or have someone with a beach pass go in early and reserve a spot. I'll be taking east coast visitors to the airport so have fun.

There will be brisket. There will be pork butt.

I'm in!..going to bring some sides to go with Henry Joe's BBQ....BTW, I Donated that plug Orlando!... ;).......Looking forward to seeing Old friends.And meeting new ones....heres a fling pic of some sweet gear!

post-10085-0-79837600-1494900422.jpg

I'm in!..going to bring some sides to go with Henry Joe's BBQ....BTW, I Donated that plug Orlando!... ;).......Looking forward to seeing Old friends.And meeting new ones....heres a fling pic of some sweet gear!

Damn, someone buy that 11' red st croix avid in this pic! I've had it for 4 years and only fished it like 4 times at most.

If I can go I will be brining some kind of pastries/donuts.

If everyone arrives late morning the park will be full and you'll be parking outside. You will not have a table and barbecue and you'll look very silly. Lol Better get there when the gate opens or have someone with a beach pass go in early and reserve a spot. I'll be taking east coast visitors to the airport so have fun.

For parking you are all on your own (good luck), but I will be there early in the morning when the park first opens to reserve some tables and start drinking the hair of the dog to get me going, haha J/K. Moocks sorry to hear it sounds like you may not be making it due to East Coast visitors, I say kiss em good bye & throw them in an Uber car, pay the fair and head to the Fling!!!

sounds like you may not be making it due to East Coast visitors, I say kiss em good bye & throw them in an Uber car, pay the fair and head to the Fling!!!

:agree: :agree:

I'll be there for sure and will bring some homegrown......tomatoes !   And raffle prizes...

Birddog those tomatoes, are they Upintheheirloom variety? J/K. Nice Buffalo Mozzerella & Tomato Basil salad would be good. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Birddog those tomatoes, are they Upintheheirloom variety? J/K. Nice Buffalo Mozzerella & Tomato Basil salad would be good. 

+ some balsamic glaze :beers:

Edited by norcalkat