Kooky

night bite

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Any one finding the night bite to be picking up?  Not talking sunset, but more 9pm - pre - false dawn.  Usually it has picked up by now but still seems slow, curious at other experience.

It was slow last night, but I attribute that to wind shifting to the N more so than the moon.

Agree that the wind reversal from the weekend's S to last night's WNW didn't help much last night. I caught, but nothing of size.

-bd

1.5 weeks-2 weeks ago we were killing it at dusk till dark at all of the usual spots.  Tide was helping some, but not in all places.

i found some active fish last pm but they were short hitting a lot and not overly aggressive.  Need some warmer weather patterns.

i found some active fish last pm but they were short hitting a lot and not overly aggressive. Need some warmer weather patterns.

Just to clarify- I found good night action at a run.

I agree some heat is needed for regular spots. Wknd storm should help kick the cold pattern out a bit. Warm(..er) weather on deck by next Wed. Works out, considering we're getting close to the time nice fish start to move in.

Perfect "Dutch Oven" grinds.

For a night bite I usually stick to fast food like taco bell or wendys :D

This past Friday tried a new spot I never fished before and that spot looks promising there was schoolies everywhere and manage to catch a 26 ", I think with the warm weather coming this week probably by the weekend I will hook into some good fish there