><> 2017 Kick cancer Surfbag Raffle! <><

Rate this topic

IronMike

Let's make sure it's known as the "little c" from now on!  I'm still "in it to kick it"! Kick cancer that is! cancer is impacting all our lives more than ever, so don't get mad :mad: - get EVEN! :beatin: Kids don't ask for cancer, so lets work together to help them beat it and survive it! This will be my LUCKY 15th ride. Over the past 14 rides we've been able to raise over $150,000, a nice chunk (<- see what I did there) of that from SOLers! Indeed, a large part of the contributions have been in-kind as well, from plug builders donating their time and artwork, fly tiers tying terrific teasers to manufacturers like ZeeBaaS and Penn donating high end reels!
Your donations help support cutting edge PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH AND CARE through The Jimmy Fund at Dana Farber by supporting my participation in the 2 day almost 200 mile Pan-Massachusetts Challenge. I'd greatly appreciate your generous contribution by entering the raffle or donating something for it - ANYTHING of value, it doesn't matter. Children's lives and futures depend on it!

How do you enter?

By popular demand, I'm offering additional pricing options, including a $5 option this year,

with each level offering a lower price/entry (as you'd expect).

Just use the convenient links below to get in!

$5 Kick cancer 5 times get 1 chance!
$10 Kick cancer 10 times get 3 chances!
$25 Kick cancer 25 times get 10 chances!
$50 Kick cancer 50 times get 25 chances!

When you make your donation, it would be helpful if you would mention "SOL" or "raffle" and your SOL username in the "Note To Rider" box (you'll see what I'm referring to when you donate). You can also make your donation in honor or memory of someone and a letter acknowledging your donation will be send to the recipient/address of your choice. Very nice feature, and gesture!

If you prefer to use check or Money Order, please make it out to "The Jimmy Fund" and contact me for the mailing address. Cash in person works as well (please don't mail cash, I can't be responsible for that)!  There's nothing fishy about this - 100% of your donation goes towards cancer research - YES - 100% pass through from the PMC to The Jimmy Fund!  Well, OK... there is something fishy about this: 100% of your donation will support the cutting edge research of Dr. Wolfram Goessling's Zebra Fish lab - http://www.fishing4stemcells.org   Dr. Goessling practices catch and release - all research is performed on live fish using ultrasound and luminescence!

NOTE: Anyone who supports the raffle with an in-kind donation to the surf bag will get a chance in the drawing as well as a THANK YOU for your kind support!

Thank you SOL - you're the wind at our backs!

IronMike

On 7/13/2015 at 6:16 PM, IronMike said:

Here's what you can win so far!

post-4607-0-03277300-1430920983.jpg
gallery_17_11_588446.jpg
post-4607-0-85190200-1435206255.jpg

On 6/13/2016 at 10:06 AM, IronMike said:

Thanks to Mike's Custom Plugs for the generous donation (valued at over $300!):

Beast Darter

Mike's HD Swimbait

Pikie

Rogue Bottle Darter

Commander

Jointed Herring

Baby Beast Darter

Chubby Needle

Bullet

8" Pencil Popper

"We are a proud supporter of IronMike's Ride and The Jimmy Fund.

Tight Lines,

Mike D."

THANK YOU MIKE!

post-4607-0-19084300-1465826836.jpg

Raffle ends September 30th, drawing on October 1st, 2017!

A little in abundance is a lot.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're off!  THANK YOU JOHNNYD! 

Please note, this is a carry forward raffle from previous year.  As such, I am committing that it WILL go to someone this year.  Even if one person bids, like Johnny, that person will win it all.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the support!  I'm almost half way to my goal and there's still time of course.  Please consider donating to the surf bag's contents, right now it's got a few hundred bucks worth of stuff, including brand new Penn reels from Penn themselves!  THANKS GUYS!

You can get in on the raffle for as little as $5!

Lets make this the TOGEST raffle ever!  W00T!!!

Edited by IronMike

• 4 months later...

THANK YOU!

In order to maximize interest (and hopefully get some off season action), I'm going to continue this raffle until Thanksgiving.  Also, from today on, all donations will go to a new Rhode Island based event called the RIde Against Cancer, which helps kids with cancer access the application process and go to college!  National Grace Foundation was started by a parent of a pediatric cancer survivor, we have been impressed by this new organization and RIde (along the gorgeous Rhode Island coastline - TOMORROW).  Want in?  Go here and make a donation... 

2017 RIde Against Cancer - https://www.firstgiving.com/team/345815  Team College Bound

$5 gets you one entry,

$10 gets 3,

$25 gets 10,

$50 gets 25!

Edited by IronMike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...