RA66

Bethany beach trip July 2017

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Spending a week in north Bethany next to the star park. Will have my kayak. Any advice is appreciated

Id focus on fishing fish bites blood worms or sand fleas right in the first breakers. Kingfish tacos cant go wrong.

You can also chase schools of bunker on the yak, may get into some snapper blues maybe a shark under them schools too. But me personally, id stick on the beach and fish for kingfish during the summer.

Spending a week in north Bethany next to the star park. Will have my kayak. Any advice is appreciated

mr scott is correct (who the hell am I to say that )since your from NJ , heres my way of catching king s , whitting ,sea mullet,< think that rite > high low rig metal about 18" I buy snelled hooks (red) not to big not to small , I slip the loop threw the metal hole the the hook threw the loop on the snelled hook, make sure your snelled hooks are short enough  so they don't touch each other , bait I buy finger mullet , cut it into chunks put it into a plastic container , with led , salt it , let sit for a day  in the cooler . lol some times I will add garlic , crushed, (buy it in stores in jars), then I add either pink crab bites small piece or fbbw,, I put 2 rods short an one out far (  see where there at ), now the key to getting a double  is don't be fast with the rod, get the bite  let it sit a min or so then pull it in , (fish attract fish) you also can catch a number of different fish this way , if the biters (blue fish) I switch over to steel leader . now in saying all this I know nouthing , but this is what I do, I save the heads for drum season, they freeze great , same with spot , hope you enjoy the fishing , an let us know how you do, the main thing is you need meat on the hook to do good , but I have caught them on just fish bites , but not as many :howdy:

Great info keep it coming

Va Earl you sound pretty knowledgeable to me thanks for the insight.

I look forward to fishing for Kings and launching the Kayak

If any you guys ever head north shoot me a pm and I can get you in the right direction kayak or Surf

If you're in North Bethany and would like to use your kayak in the bay, bay access to the Indian River is located close to the state park. Flounder, croaker and possibly other smaller speciaes can be caught there. If you need specific info, feel free to PM me.

I would fish for Kings with cutbait.  The last few years they seem to have gotten picky with fishbites.   Maybe its just me but fishbites seemed to lose some of their punch.   Squid, raw shrimp, and salted clam snouts always pull them in.

Great info keep it coming

Va Earl you sound pretty knowledgeable to me thanks for the insight.

I look forward to fishing for Kings and launching the Kayak

If any you guys ever head north shoot me a pm and I can get you in the right direction kayak or Surf

I've been down there a few times mid-summer, never done more than walk the beach early and late hoping to run into a bluefish or rogue bass, never have.  Bait fishing could be fun, and some guys get into some nice sharks down there too.

One thing that could be fun with the yak is crabbing in the bay.  There's a couple good threads on it on here.

What works well for schoolies in the summer?  I've got some bucktails (nothing higher than 1.5 oz) and some long-a bombers... Never fished the inlet there before.

If you're a lure fishermen you can do well on schoolie stripers in the middle of the night at indian river inlet.