Nephroid

WTS: Kaskazi Dorado II

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm reluctantly selling a new / never used Fiberglass Kaskazi Dorado II

Hull #140608  Yellow deck on white hull.   She is bone stock with no customization or rigging done by me.

For those less familiar, Kaskazi is a South African company known for making rugged off shore high performance fishing kayaks. At a lean 16' she is designed to be extremely fast and stable in rough seas.  Build quality is outstanding. A quick look online and you'll see it's reputation speaks for itself.

I bought her to be my offshore big game rig but sadly never had the time to take her out.  

Comes standard with:

- Finished 6ft catch holder / rod box

- 3 Viking watertight hatches

- 3 Rod holders

- 3 separate anchor trolleys

- Custom fitted crate for gear

- Interior thru hole for routing electronics

Pictures below were taken last weekend. Gelcote is pristine.

Asking price is $1,800 

Boat is currently kept in Plainsboro, NJ and can be seen by appointment (I travel for work, so not always around).  Buyer can choose to pick it up or I'd be happy to bring it to anywhere in Central NJ or the Jersey Shore.

post-61407-0-71660000-1493935288.jpg

post-61407-0-91943600-1493935305.jpg

post-61407-0-46604700-1493935332.jpg

post-61407-0-19985100-1493935343.jpg

post-61407-0-59603400-1493935355.jpg

post-61407-0-00145100-1493935373.jpg

post-61407-0-55465800-1493935391.jpg

post-61407-0-49989900-1493935406.jpg

Edited by Nephroid

That is a nice kayak for sure....i fished along side a gentleman in the navesink last season...he had one of those with a torqueedo on it very quick boat...good luck with your sale indeed...someone will pick that up

Say it ain't so...

You guys are giving me second thoughts!    Seriously though she deserves to be in the salt instead of gathering dust in my garage. 

For those who don't know, Hong and I got our Dorado's from the same dealer, maybe a couple weeks apart.  In fact they came in on the same shipping container. Unfortunately I had just started a new job plus becoming a full time dad at home so never really go to "take her out of the box".  Selling her to make room for a tandem or dinghy sailboat that I can take my kids out on. 

Someone needs to buy this ASAP, it's beyond tempting to me 

Damn straight! If I hadn't just bought a Caribbean 14 last season I'd be all over this.

Edited by gellfex

You guys are giving me second thoughts!    Seriously though she deserves to be in the salt instead of gathering dust in my garage. 

For those who don't know, Hong and I got our Dorado's from the same dealer, maybe a couple weeks apart.  In fact they came in on the same shipping container. Unfortunately I had just started a new job plus becoming a full time dad at home so never really go to "take her out of the box".  Selling her to make room for a tandem or dinghy sailboat that I can take my kids out on.

At about age 6-8, depnding upon their skills and ability, they will start asking to paddle on their own (until the wind and waves pick up). You will begin to despise smacking your paddle with theirs and start wondering if you should get a tandem Hobie mirage kayak to avoid this.

Your new job will keep you busy and have you sitting at your desk (presumably) more and more, weakenig your core muscles and hamstrings. Then one day you'll have time to take the kayak out but will throw your back out lifting the tandem on to your roof rack or tear a hammy, all the while wishing you had the lightweight Kaskazi again.

Just saying; keep the Dorado before you regret it! Good luck with the sale

Dropping my asking price to $1,500. 

Here's a couple of good reads, including the manufacturer's website, if you'd like to learn more:

http://kayak.co.za/the-kayak-shop/kaskazi-kayaks/models/kaskazi-dorado/

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/threads/kaskazi-dorado-longterm-test.15518/

http://hckac.freeforums.org/kaskazi-dorado-t4827.html

I'll take it as long as we can agree on a meeting place ........ I'm in Baltimore...... Pm sent

Oops .......... I embarrassingly have to rescind the offer. After saying I could keep it at her house because it was a Mothers Day gift ( wink wink) she emphatically said no. I have no place to store it at this point ........ I'm totally bummed but not giving up.

This will most likely be gone though

Edited by rhahn427

I can't believe this hasn't sold. This is the fastest and most stable fishing SOT you will find anywhere, at any price. No USA kayak even comes close. Great in surf. With below deck storage for rods, a super rudder system and a bulkheaded hull that makes it unsinkable.Top notch.  

Best of luck with the sale! 

This is a legendary kayak.  Not just the brand, but the kayak.  KROSS and his Kaskazi addiction is part of NE kayak fishing history.  This is an amazing deal for the right person.